Ready or not, Spring Break is coming! It just comes around once a year, and brings with it 216 glorious, homework FREE hours to be filled! Here’s my Bucket List of Spring Break Awesomeness in the Dallas/Fort Worth area!
1. Spark Children’s Museum, Southside Dallas A play space for kids 7 and up, they will absolutely this fun, interactive museum! Pair it with a fun movie at Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, or lunch at the Dallas Farmers Market! Spark is open March 7-8th and the week of March 14-22nd.
2. Dallas Zoo, Dallas A visit to the Dallas Zoo is always a fun adventure! The Dallas Zoo Spring Break Camps are the week of the 16-20th, since that is the week of Dallas ISD Spring Break, and they are having a fun Night Hike on Saturday, March 14th!
3. Play at the new Fort Worth Dream Park at Trinity Park! If you go on March 14th to Trinity Park, you’ll be treated to FlyFest, when Texas Parks and Wildlife will release 1,800 rainbow trout in the Trinity! There will be fishing competitions, a kid’s fish area, face painting, cooking demonstrations, workshops on learning to fly fish and tying flies, and much more, and it’s all FREE!
4. Dallas Blooms at the Dallas Arboretum The colors at this huge annual Dallas event will just astound you! The Arboretum also has fun activities for families! Make a full day of it with lunch at the biggest sandbox in Texas, The Lot!
5. The Nasher Sculpture Garden in Downtown Dallas offers FREE admission on the First Saturday of the month, March 7th and FREE admission daily the week of March 17-22nd. Combine it with a fun outing to Klyde Warren Park and the FREE Dallas Museum of Art!
7. Six Flags Over Texas is open daily from March 8 -22nd!
8. Fort Worth Museum Of Science and History‘s newest exhibit Adventures With Clifford the Big Red Dog opens on March 4th, and don’t miss the celebration on the BEST math day of the year, March 14th (Pi Day)!
9. Dallas World Aquarium Located in an old warehouse in Downtown Dallas, this huge aquarium also has penguins, manatees and much more! Make a full day of it with a visit to the nearby Museum of Illusions, and grab an incredible, smoked meat pizza at Tutta’s Pizza!
10. Dogwood Canyon or Cedar Ridge Preserve in Cedar Hill are both great options for hiking over Spring Break! Afterwards, relax in Downtown Cedar Hill at Sam’s Pizza and Pasta! Afterwards, head over to Ellen’s Amusement Park for go carts, video games and miniature golf!
11. The National Videogame Museum in Frisco is sure to be a hit with your gamers this Spring Break! KidZania USA just opened at Stonebriar Mall, and it’s definitely on my son’s Spring Break Bucket List! Another new addition is Andretti Carting, which opens March 3rd in The Colony! My kid is living his best life this Spring Break!
12. Country Critters Petting Farm Have some fun down on the farm at this cute petting farm with tractor rides, pony rides and much more! Opens for March 11th for the 2020 Season!
14. You can’t beat the fun to found in Grand Prairie this Spring Break! Epic Waters Indoor Waterpark is always fun, and the newly opened Play Grand Adventure Park next door is incredible! Also, your kids will love the macabre at Ripley’s Believe It or Not! If it’s a pretty day, enjoy lunch on the lake at The Oasis, and let the kids feed the huge fish that swim around this fun, floating restaurant!
15. Crayola Experience, Plano I love that my son loves the Crayola Experience so much, because it’s one of my favorite outings! If the weather is nice, spend the afternoon in the trees with Go Ape Zip Lines!
Keep Having Fun in the Texas Sun!
Having Fun in the TEXAS Sun is on PINTEREST! Use it as a quick resource to find activities in different Texas towns! Click HERE!
© Having Fun in the Texas Sun, 2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Having Fun in the Texas Sun with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.