15 Reasons You Must Take Your Kids to Spark! Children’s Museum in Dallas
You’ve probably never heard of this amazing Children’s Museum in Downtown Dallas, but here’s 15 reasons you should go visit.
Spark! in Dallas’ South Side is a terrific Children’s Museum, especially meant to encourage creativity and imagination in children. It’s a unique place where kids can disconnect and run, climb, create and dream!
1. Located in the huge basement of an old building in Downtown Dallas, on the South Side, I loved the exposed old brick walls. It’s really an education in old buildings just being in there! It’s easy to find because the Dallas Police Department is just across the street!
2. Swish down the giant slide as the huge blue dragon watches you!
3. Crawl up the wire tunnels high above the ground! They twist and turn like a maze!
4. Slide down the throat of the dragon!
5. Fall into this giant net!
6. Climb into the cockpit of the airplane, suspended on springs!
7. Search for the cool things to see hidden all over the museum!
8. Let your imagination soar in a hot air balloon basket!
9. Pilot a spaceship through deepest space!
10. Watch as the stars light up into constellations above your head!
11. Practice your best pirate impersonation and sail across the seas in the stern of a ship!
12. Make electric art on the Giant Light Bright!
13. Sit down to create your own art! They rotate out art projects, and during our visit they were making Vision Boards.
14. Build on their huge Lego Board!
15. Celebrate a birthday in their HUGE party room!
Know Before You Go
Parking is available in the lot caddy-corner to the building, and is $2.
Admission is $10/child and $5/adult.
The concession stand sells water, soda, popcorn, candy and chips.
They are only open on weekends, and holidays. Check their facebook page before you go.
Since you are in the basement, cell service isn’t great. Ask for the free wifi password.
Things To Do in Dallas
Alamo Drafthouse Cinema is one of my favorite movie theaters, with really good food! It’s just a couple of blocks from the Spark! Click HERE to read more!
Dallas Historical Village is an amazing step back in time, in the shadow of Downtown Dallas! Kids can learn how their pioneer counterparts lived, with a school house, houses, churches and more! Click HERE to read more!
Dallas World Aquarium has animals from all over the world on multi-level habitats! Watch the penguin feeding, walk through an underwater tunnel as sharks swim above you and see the sights and sounds of a rainforest! Click HERE for more information.
We love the Dallas Farmers Market, with several different and unique restaurants inside. Mud Hens is one of my kids favorites! Open 7 days a week. Click HERE for more information.
I love NYLO hotels, and the NYLO Dallas Southside Hotel, just across the street from Spark! has an incredible infinity rooftop pool! It is 21 and over on Friday and Saturday nights after 9pm, so get your fun in early! Kids will love the funky décor. Click HERE to check it out!
1409 S Lamar St Apt 004, Dallas, TX 75215
Click HERE to visit their website.
Keep Having Fun in the Texas Sun!
Having Fun in the TEXAS Sun is on PINTEREST! Use it as a quick resource to find activities in different Texas towns! Click HERE!
© Having Fun in the Texas Sun, 2018. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Having Fun in the Texas Sun with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Please click HERE to read our disclaimer.