*** Cancelled ***
It’s Rodeo Time in Houston, and while it’s a great time for adults, there is so much to do for kids! I’ve listed 14 of my favorites, which is more than a full day the Livestock Show!
1. The Birthing Center FREE From baby chicks hatching out of eggs, to little piglets being born, you can see some of the wonders of life at this amazing exhibit! The Birthing Center is located inside NRG Center.
2. The Carnival has over 80 rides and 40 games! The Junction is a special area just for kids with kid-friendly rides, also. Don’t miss out on the antique double carousel! Tickets are $.50/each, and can be used on rides and games. Most rides are 4-20 tickets.
3. Extreme Dogs FREE Located outside at the Junction, this fun focus on our 4-legged best friends includes dogs showcasing their agility, high-jump, disc and tricks and our favorite, the dock jumps!
4. Fun Food! From Turkey Legs to Funnel Cakes, and lots of flaming hot cheetos in-between, it’s a kid’s (and adults) food dream!
5. Fun On The Farm FREE You and your kids will love this fun exhibit in the Junction, with different farm experiences to try.
6. Milking Demonstrations Watch a cow being milked at one of these daily demonstrations.
7. Mutton Bustin’ Offered twice daily in The Junction, children 5-6 years old, who don’t weigh more than 55 pounds can try riding a sheep, or at least hold on for 8 seconds! The cost is $15 per ride. DVDs are available for purchase at The Junction Mutton Bustin’ arena. The event is hourly, 11am to 7pm. Participation is on a first-come, first-serve basis, and registration begins at 10am (so register as soon as you arrive).
8. Parakeet Encounter Located in Agventures in the NRG Center, you can meet and feed these cute little birds!
9. Petting Zoo There are so many different kinds of animals, from farm animals to exotics!
10. Pig Races FREE Located at the Junction Cheer on your favorite curly tail and this popular exhibit! Races Daily at 10:30 & 11:30 a.m.; 12:30, 1:30, 3:30, 4:30, 5:30, & 6:30 p.m.
11. Pony Rides $7 plus more for optional pictures I saw someone on Tripadvisor called this a live carousel, and I guess it is!
12. Stars Over Texas Stage FREE Located in the Junction. In my next life, I want to be one of these fun entertainers! We really enjoyed this last year, with fun music for families, animals shows and much more!
13. Touch Tank FREE Have you ever wondered what fish or other animals that live in the ocean feel like? Find out at this interactive and completely cool touch tank!
14. We’re Small Y’all FREE The cutest little barn ever, these animals were all bred to be miniatures! If you can get past the adorableness, you can also learn about how it’s achieved, and why!
Save Some Money with Free Family Wednesday! NRG Park Admission for seniors, 60 and over, and children, 12 and under until noon.
(does not include rodeo/concert admission) Enjoy $2 rides and games from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., along with a $2 food or drink item at select food stands in the Carnival Junction.
Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo
Click HERE to visit their website.
Keep Having Fun in the Texas Sun!
Having Fun in the TEXAS Sun is on PINTEREST! Use it as a quick resource to find activities in different Texas towns! Click HERE!
© Having Fun in the Texas Sun, 2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Having Fun in the Texas Sun with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.