If you’re looking for a fun little family getaway, check out all the town of Burleson has to offer!
Burleson sits just off I-35, South of Fort Worth, and was once a stop on the Katy Railroad Line, and it’s rich railroad history can be seen through out Old Town! But there’s a lot more to do in this fun little town than just train watching.
1. Jurassic Zone Mini-Golf and Arcade, 241 Elk Dr. Burleson Your kids will love these fun games and you’ll love that they are only a nickel a game! The mini-golf has a fun and unique dinosaur theme.
2. Cabana Club Private Pool, 224 NW Summercrest Blvd., Burleson We celebrated my husband’s birthday at this great private pool in Burleson! The pool is wonderful, but so is the big yard, with games like cornhole, tons of tables and seating as well as a small clubhouse with foosball, a kitchen and restrooms/changing rooms. The pool can be rented by the hour, and does require a lifeguard, which they provide (but you pay).
3. Indoor Pool at The Brick Recreation Center, 550 Northwest Summercrest Blvd. Burleson
This fun, indoor pool has a climbing structure, small lazy river and even a hot tub, which keeps the pool a comfortable temperature all year long! Click HERE for more information.
4. Burleson Ghost Tours, 124 W. Ellison St., Burleson
A unique tour of Old Town Burleson, explore inside some of the buildings in Old Town with a paranormal sensor and hear the stories of the ghostly meetings with these investigators.
5. North Texas Jellystone Park, 2301 S. Burleson Blvd.
Whether you are coming for the weekend or just the day, there is always something fun happening at Jellystone Park! Themed-weekends included special events for the kids! Stay in a cabin, RV site or tent camp in the back overlooking the fishing pond! During the summer, Pirates Cove Waterpark is the place to keep cool in Burleson. Click HERE for more information.
6. Trout Fishing in Bailey Lake, 280 W. Hidden Creek Pkwy., Burleson
During the winter, the lake is stocked with Rainbow Trout, with a 5-fish limit per day. Click HERE for more information.
7. Lost Oak Winery, 8101 County Rd. 802, Burleson
From simple evenings listening to live music to wine tasting and their annual Grape Stomp, there is always something fun happening at Lost Oak Winery!
There is also a nice 2 mile hike and bike trail. They even have picnic baskets you can purchase for a nice break along the way. Click HERE to visit their website.
8. Hot Sounds of Summer Concert Series, 141 W. Renfro St. Burleson
Enjoy live music all summer at this FREE concert series.
Be sure to check their calendar of events for FREE outdoor movies in Old Town, too.
Each December they also have a parade, tree lighting and fireworks!
Click HERE for more information.
9. Old Town Burleson
Filled with great restaurants and shops, you can’t beat a day or night in Old Town! Old Texas Brewing Company is one of our favorites, but they also have a Grumps, Babe’s Chicken House, Moontower Pizza Bar and much more! Click HERE for more information.
Trolleys once ran daily on an Interurban line from Cleburne to Fort Worth, with a stop in Burleson, and two of the old restored cars are open for tours. Built in 1903, #330 is the oldest remaining Interurban Railcar.
The Art Barn Studio in Old Town is a fun place for kids and adults to create a unique masterpiece on pottery, mosaic or wood! No appointment necessary! Click HERE for more information.
10. Tour the Historic Russell Art Farm, 405 W. County 714, Burleson
Enjoy this unique and historic farm with a tour or one of their Special Events, including Story Times and Children’s Art activities. Click HERE for more information and upcoming special events.
A Few More Fun Things to do:
Mountain bikers can enjoy the easy trails at Chisenhall Park Trail, 5 miles of trail at the park. Click HERE for more information.
Hidden Creek Golf Course offers a nice course in town. Click HERE for more information.
Keep Having Fun in the Texas Sun!
Having Fun in the TEXAS Sun is on PINTEREST! Use it as a quick resource to find activities in different Texas towns! Click HERE!
©Having Fun in the Texas Sun, 2022. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Having Fun in the Texas Sun with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.