At the meeting of Hwy 287 and I-35E, south of Dallas, you’ll find this historic little community ready to welcome you! Fall is always a fun time in Waxahachie, and some of our favorites, such as the Texas Country Reporter Festival and Screams Halloween Park are back, along with many other events and fun places to visit in ‘Hachie!
- Catfish Plantation, 814 Water St., Step inside this beautiful Victorian home, built in 1895, for a dinner and, if the spirit is willing, a show! Catfish Plantation is ranked as the most haunted restaurant in Texas!
2. Explore the shops in Downtown Waxahachie on the Ellis County Courthouse Square One of the best Courthouse Squares, Downtown Waxahachie offers great boutiques, such as Dove’s Nest, where you can find just about anything you didn’t know you were looking for! We love the fun places to eat, too! Pop’s Burger Stand, Oma’s Jiffy Burger and Farm Luck Soda Fountain and Dry Goods are all favorites of ours!
The Webb Gallery is a must-see when in Waxahachie, or even a reason just to visit Waxahachie, bringing a little weirdness and wonder to Downtown!
Take a minute to appreciate the 9-story courthouse itself. Built in 1895, and designed by H. H. Richardson, one of the top architects of his time. The different stone used in the construction came from throughout the Texas Hill Country, Note the 21 stone face sculptures carved into the stone work by mason Harry Herley, something very unique to the Waxahachie Courthouse.
Trivia: The 1985 movie, 1918, about WW I and the pandemic, was filmed in Waxahachie.
3. Waxahachie Haunted History Ghost Tour Learn a little more about the night life in Waxahachie on this fun, 2-hour(ish) tour of Downtown!
4. Munster Mansion A replica of the Munster Mansion from the 1960’s television show can be found in Waxahachie. A private residence, they do offfer tours by appointment, and a monthly Murder Mystery Dinner! This house is insane, and if you get the chance to tour, you should! However, be wary of driving by to get a look at the house, as it sits off the road on a curve, where you need to keep your eyes on the road!
5. Screams Halloween Park Opening on Oct. 1 and running through Oct. 30th, get ready for tons of thrill and chills at this Halloween Haunted Theme Park!
6. Shadow Creek Pumpkin Farm, 1530 Indian Creek Dr., Midlothian Open weekends beginning Oct. 2, this fun farm offers hay rides, a corn maze, games for the kids and much more!
7. Tuscan Slice, 401 N. Hwy 77 While the kids love making their own pizza and watching it cook in the wood-fired oven at this great little Italian restaurant, I just love everything on the menu!
8. White Rhino Coffee Shop, 414 W. Main Try the chumpkin this Fall at this cute coffee shop located in a historic home!
9. The 50th Annual Country Reporter Festival Oct. 23rd The Biggest and Best are heading to Waxahachie to celebrate 50 years of TCR!
10. Pumpkin Kisses Fall Market Oct. 1-3 Shop til you drop at this fun Fall Market!
FOR MORE ABOUT WAXAHACHIE:
Keep Having Fun in the Texas Sun!
Having Fun in the TEXAS Sun is on PINTEREST! Use it as a quick resource to find activities in different Texas towns! Click HERE!
© Having Fun in the Texas Sun, 2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Having Fun in the Texas Sun with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Please click HERE to read our disclaimer.
I will occasionally post some of my favorite Amazon items with links to purchase. As an Amazon affiliate, I do receive a small, very small, commission should you choose to purchase using my link. If you do, thank you for supporting my small business.