Fall is in the air, and San Antonio is where you need to be! From scary to airy, there are so many amazing things happening this Fall in the Alamo City! Grab your ghoul friends and head for the fun!
1 Day of the Dead San Antonio, San Antonio Riverwalk Parade Friday, October 29th 7:30pm Watch as colorful riverboats celebrate the holiday on the historic San Antonio Riverwalk!
2. Hike Government Canyon State Natural Area Enjoy the cooler Fall temperatures and take a hike! The Government Canyon offers easy to hard backcountry hikes, as well as interpretive events and camping, and you can even see dinosaur tracks! Reservations are required.
3. Japanese Tea Gardens Relax at this amazing and historic Japanese Tea Garden, located in Brackenridge Park. FREE.
4. Fright Fest at Six Flags Fiesta Texas September 10 – October 31st. Fall festive during the day, things get much more creepy as the lights go down at dark! 2021 brings more outdoor activities, with the same great scares and amazing music you love from FrightFest. The new Dr. Diabolical Monster Mash Bash and Fireworks Finale is not to be missed!
5. Muertosfest October 23rd & 24th at Hemisfair Park, FREE Rated one of the 7 Best Fall Festivals in the U.S. by National Geographic! Celebrate with traditional music, food, drink and activities for children.
6. Bootanica at the San Antonio Botanical Gardens, Saturday October 23 Celebrate the season with this fun Fall Festival!
7. Owl Creek Farm and Pumpkin Patch Opens Saturday, September 28th with farm fun for the whole family! New for 2021 is haunted hikes!
8. Sisters Grim Ghost Tour Learn about the things that go bump in the night on this fun and frightening ghost tour through Old San Antonio!
9. Spooktacular at Seaworld San Antonio Weekends September 16 – November 1 A child-focused event for all the fun of Halloween!
10. Thirteenth Floor Haunted House Opens September 17th! Named one of the best haunted houses in the country, Thirteenth Floor will scare you worse than Covid-19 and Killer Hornets combined! Reservations only, make ahead because they will sell out!
11. Zoo Boo at the San Antonio Zoo Sept. 18 – October 31st. Daily and FREE with zoo admission. Wear your costumer for a fun fall festival with pumpkin decorating, music, a hay maze, trick or treating and much more!
12. Mission Adventure Tours on the Mission Reach Paddling Trail For the first time, you can kayak in the famous San Antonio Riverwalk during October, only! It’s a great opportunity to explore the river! The San Antonio River runs wild above the Riverwalk, and a great way to experience it is on a kayak trip! Mission Adventure Tours offers kayaks for rent!
Keep Having Fun in the Texas Sun!
Having Fun in the TEXAS Sun is on PINTEREST! Use it as a quick resource to find activities in different Texas towns! Click HERE!
© Having Fun in the Texas Sun, 2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Having Fun in the Texas Sun with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Please click HERE to read our disclaimer.
I will occasionally post some of my favorite Amazon items with links to purchase. As an Amazon affiliate, I do receive a small, very small, commission should you choose to purchase using my link. If you do, thank you for supporting my small business.