Often imitated, but never duplicated, you can’t beat a day on the San Antonio Riverwalk! From amazing shops, restaurants, bars and more there is just so much to see and do!
1.Take a Go Rio Riverboat Tour One of the best things to do on the Riverwalk is a fun and informative riverboat tour! The colorful boats tour the river, pointing out some of the best places to visit and things to do, all while making you laugh!
2. Casa Rio Mexican Food Restaurant The oldest restaurant on the Riverwalk for a reason, you can sit along the river and dine under colorful umbrellas! If you haven’t been, it’s a rite of passage to visiting the Riverwalk! Order the Regular Plate, which has been on the menu since it opened in 1946!
3. Watch the River Locks from the Observation Station on Brooklyn Ave. To accommodate for the fall of the river from the Pearl Brewery District to the Entertainment Loop, engineers put in a system of locks to raise and lower boats! You can go through a lock on a Go Rio River Shuttle, or watch from the Observation Station off Brooklyn Ave. It’s really a very cool thing!
4. Justin’s Ice Cream Company A trip to the San Antonio Riverwalk isn’t complete without an ice cream cone from Justin’s Ice Cream Shop, with fresh, made in-house ice cream!
5. Grab a shirt from Hard Rock Cafe My daughter love Hard Rock, and insist on a t-shirt from each location we visit! With 3 stories of riverwalk views, and an acoustic breakfast, there are plenty of reasons to stop!
6. The Pearl Brewery What was once the old Pearl Brewery is now a district with shops, a farmers market, entertainment, some of the best restaurants in San Antonio as well as the Hotel Emma!
7. Visit the San Antonio Museum of Art Another old brewery now repurposed as an Art Museum, you’ll find amazing works of art from around the world! Tre Trattoria offers terraced dining above the river.
8. Rivercenter Mall In addition to shops and restaurants, you’ll also find the Imax Theater, with presentations of the Battle for Texas, plus a newly opened Sea Life Aquarium and Legoland Discovery Center!
9. See the Alamo The site for the mission was chosen for it’s location near the river, where the Cottonwood trees (alamo) grew. It still sits just a short walk off the river, and is always worth the visit!
10. Special Events There are constantly special events happening on the Riverwalk, such as the Draining of the River in January, Mardi Gras Parades, the Dyeing of the River Green on St. Patrick’s Day, Fiesta Parades in April, Dia de los Muertos and Christmas Parades in December!
11. La Villita Stroll through the historic adobe architecture, shops and restaurants of La Villita.
12. Tobin Center for the Performing Arts From amazing concerts to FREE movies in the plaza, there is always something happening at the Tobin!
13. Mission Adventure Tours on the Mission Reach Paddling Trail The San Antonio River runs wild above the Riverwalk, and a great way to experience it is on a kayak trip! Mission Adventure Tours offers kayaks, shuttle services, tours and more!
14. The Aztec Theater This historic live music venue is the perfect place to spend a late night on the Riverwalk!
15. Love Lock Bridge In the tradition of Paris, you can seal your love forever by placing a lock on the bridge and tossing the key in the San Antonio River below!
16. The Grotto One of the most Instagramable spots in San Antonio, visits can walk through this amazing art work on the Riverwalk!
Keep Having Fun in the Texas Sun!
Having Fun in the TEXAS Sun is on PINTEREST! Use it as a quick resource to find activities in different Texas towns! Click HERE!
© Having Fun in the Texas Sun, 2019. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Having Fun in the Texas Sun with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.