Even the best vacation is better is you can mix in a few free things! San Antonio has so much to see and do, and even a lot of FREE activities! Tour the Alamo or one of the other missions in the National Historical Park, take a hike at a public park or cool off in the swimming pool at the second oldest park in the country! Free things are just waiting for you in San Antonio!
1. The Saga Light Show at the San Fernando de Bexar Cathedral Watch this FREE light show highlighting the history of San Antonio, set to music and shown upon the walls of the Cathedral. It’s shown every Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday, but check their website before you go. Showtimes are at 9, 9:30 and 10pm.
2. The San Antonio Riverwalk It’s FREE to walk along the San Antonio Riverwalk, and that’s one of the most popular things to do in the city! The Riverwalk actually extends from the hotel and restaurants all the way down to the Pearl, and is a great morning walk!
3. The Alamo The famed holdout of the Texans is open, and free. During Covid-19, you’ll need to go online to get a FREE timed ticket for entry.
4. The Japanese Tea Gardens One of the hidden gems of San Antonio, the Japanese Tea Gardens are a world unto themselves.
5. San Antonio Missions Visit all four of the famous San Antonio Missions, either by car or take your bikes!
6. The Pearl Brewery There’s always something festive and free happening at this old brewery turned destination. Live music and a splash pad are always a winner with the kids!
7. Friedrich Wilderness Park Enjoy the 10 miles of hiking trails at this city-owned park.
8. Free Tuesdays at the Witte Museum Enjoy FREE admission at this incredible museum from 3-6pm on Tuesdays.
9. The Swimming Pool at San Pedro Springs Park The huge pool at San Pedro Springs Park, which happens to be the 2nd oldest public park in the country, is open during the Summer and free to visitors!
Keep Having Fun in the Texas Sun!
Having Fun in the TEXAS Sun is on PINTEREST! Use it as a quick resource to find activities in different Texas towns! Click HERE!
© Having Fun in the Texas Sun , 2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Having Fun in the Texas Sun with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Please click HERE to read our disclaimer.