Trinity Railway Express runs from Fort Worth T&P Station to Dallas Union Station, and it’s a fun and convenient way to see the city. When my kids were young, especially my youngest who loves trains, we would just get on and ride! It was cheap and a great way to keep him happy! We then decided to start venturing out at a few locations, for a quick lunch, and were soon making full days of it, exploring everything near the train station! It’s also a great way to commute between towns, as well as to save parking at events at the American Airlines Center in Dallas!
Know Before You Go
Students need to have school issued ID, in case they are asked.
Restrooms are available on the trains in the front.
Download the GoPass App to buy tickets!
Ticket Kiosk are located at the Stations, and they take credit cards.
Learn from my mistake. We were running late, I had no idea how to purchase a ticket and not only did we miss our train, but I purchased the wrong tickets! Arrive at least 15 minutes before your train to purchase your ticket. Trains will NOT wait for you if you are in line to purchase a ticket!
Use the FREE GoPass App! It’s super easy, and tickets are kept on your phone so you can’t lose them!
While you are waiting, keep little kids close! Unscheduled trains come through all the time, quickly! Stay off the tracks unless you are crossing!
1. Grab Lunch at the Historic T & P Tavern! T&P Station, Fort Worth is the original 1930’s Texas and Pacific Station, and it’s really a beautiful old building. Today the old offices have been converted into the T & P Lofts, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments selling in the $200,000 – $300,000. The Historic T & P Tavern occupies the ground floor, and is really neat. They even named a sandwich after Elvis, who once visited! It’s a fun destination with the kids, or a date night!
2. Spend a day in Sundance Square T & P Station is also your stop for a day exploring Sundance Square, with terrific restaurants, shops, movie theater and much, much more! It’s also a great way to avoid the traffic during the annual Fort Worth Main Street Arts Festival!
3. Visit the Fort Worth Water Gardens! The Fort Worth Intermodal Transportation Center is not only a station for the TRE, but also Amtrak, as well as Greyhound Buses, and Fort Worth’s T bus service. This is your stop to visit the Fort Worth Water Gardens, the Fort Worth Conference Center and walk the 2 minutes to grab lunch at the Little Red Wasp. If walking is not your think, check out the FREE Molly the Trolley!
4. Catch a concert, Dallas Mavericks or Dallas Stars Game at American Airlines Center! Victory Station is at the American Airlines Center, so it’s the perfect way to enjoy games and concerts without the hassle of driving and getting a parking spot! “A Westbound train will depart Victory Station (AA Center) 20 minutes after the end of all Dallas Stars and Dallas Mavericks games that begin after 6:00pm. Other events may also utilize a “20 Minute Special” and will be noted on the schedule calendars.”
5. The Perot Museum of Nature and Science is just a short walk away, too. Stop on the way at Paciugos Gelatto Cafe for a sweet treat!
6. Victory Station is also a good stop if you want to ride or walk on the Katy Trail, which runs from American Airlines Center to SMU. Along the Katy Trail, be sure to plan a stop for lunch at the fun Katy Trail Ice House! The TRE does allow bikes, and most of the stations have bike services.
7. Visit Reunion Tower! Union Station is located in Downtown Dallas, and sits right next to the iconic Reunion Tower! Take a ride to the top for a great, 360 degree view of Dallas!
8. Learn about the History of Dallas Union Station is also just a short walk to Dealy Plaza, the Sixth Floor Museum, the Dallas Holocaust and Human Rights Museum, the The Old Red Museum of Dallas County History and Culture and the Dallas West End.
9. The Dallas World Aquarium is in Dallas West End, and it’s amazing how they have transformed an old warehouse into a beautiful rainforest!
10. One of the most popular things in Dallas’ West End currently is the Museum of the Imagination! Bring your best selfie face for this fun and interactive museum! Grab an amazing smoked meat pizza at nearby Tutta’s Pizza, and don’t miss a fun ride on one of the many scooters in Downtown Dallas!
Trinity Railway Express
Click HERE to visit their website.
Keep Having Fun in the Texas Sun!
Having Fun in the TEXAS Sun is on PINTEREST! Use it as a quick resource to find activities in different Texas towns! Click HERE!
© Having Fun in the Texas Sun, 2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Having Fun in the Texas Sun with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.