- Rent a paddleboat to take out on McGovern Lake.
2. Visit the Houston Zoo, which is celebrating it’s 100 Anniversary in 2020!
3. Visit the McGovern Botanical Gardens
4. Marvin Taylor Exercise Trail – located at the other end of the same parking lot, the 2 mile crushed granite trail winds around the golf course, and is mostly shaded by old oak trees.
5. Miller Outdoor Theatre offers great, FREE children’s programs, in addition to other entertainment. Click HERE to visit their website, and see their upcoming calendar of events!
6. The Japanese Gardens are beautiful in the spring, when the 20 Japanese Cherry trees are in bloom! Click HERE to read more!
7. The Hermann Park Railroad takes you on a 20-minute ride through the park! Click HERE for more information!
8. The Hermann Park Golf Course runs along the park, also. Click HERE for more information.
9. Voted the #1 Children’s Museum in the country by Parents Magazine, your children and you will LOVE the Children’s Museum of Houston. Geared for children 3-12, trust me when I tell you there is something here for everyone! Click HERE to read more!
10. The Health Museum lets you discover the amazing workings of the human body! Click HERE to read more!
11. Houston Museum of Natural History My favorite museum, you can spend a full day exploring their terrific exhibits!
McGovern Centennial Gardens
1500 Hermann Drive, Houston
Click HERE to visit their website.
Keep Having Fun in the Texas Sun!
Having Fun in the TEXAS Sun is on PINTEREST! Use it as a quick resource to find activities in different Texas towns! Click HERE!
© Having Fun in the Texas Sun , 2022. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Having Fun in the Texas Sun with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Please click HERE to read our disclaimer.