The Fort Worth Zoo was just named as the #2 Zoological Experience in the country by U. S. Today, and it’s really easy to see why! The Fort Worth Zoo has so many amazing exhibits and interactive experiences, for people of all ages! Here’s 10 of our favorites that you shouldn’t miss!
1. The Brand New Elephant Springs After years of waiting, the new Elephant Springs has opened to the public!
Elephant Springs more than triples the space for the zoo’s Asian Elephants!
Parvesh is a male Greater One Horned Rhino who loves his new watering hole in Elephant Springs!
2. African Savannah Exhibit Just opened in 2018, the new African Savannah Exhibit lets you view giraffes, gazelle, ostriches, white pelicans and more all together in a more natural setting. Bring $6 cash to purchase lettuce leafs to feed the giraffes! The African themed village offers dining areas and a gift shop. Don’t miss the Hippo Keeper Talk in the new hippo enclosure, with above and below water viewing! It’s hard not to love these water giants when they reach their head up to allow their keepers to feed them! Click HERE to view the daily Keeper Talk Schedule.
3. Stingray Cove Just opened in Spring, 2019, you can feed the stingrays by hand at this fun exhibit! Admission cost to Stingray Cove is $5/person.
4. Texas Wild Both native Texans and visitors to the Lone Star State can learn something as you tour through Texas Wild, with children’s play areas, dining areas, a short film about Texas Weather and a walk through the different regions that make up the great state! Don’t forget to bring in your nature journal or nature finds to trade at the Texas Nature Traders!
5. Yellow Rose Express Train
Located at Texas Wild, the Yellow Rose Express Train takes you on a ride through the zoo. Train admission is $3.
6. Australian Outback and Tazmanian Tower
Go Down Under with a look at kangaroos, wallabies and more animals from Australia, then see if you can climb like a lemur at Tazmanian Tower!
7. Safari Splash
Cool off at this fun jungle-themed splash pad! Admission is $5/person with general zoo tickets.
8. MOLA Museum of Living Art
From Gharial Crocodiles to the Komodo Dragons, the Museum of Living Art is truly a wonderful place to visit!
9. Asian Falls
Construction crews are busy at work making this one of the most exciting new exhibits at the zoo, but for a sneak peek, head up to Asian Falls and you can watch them working on your new favorite lion park! Completion is expected in 2023, and the lions, tigers and other animals in this section will be off exhibit until then.
10. Raptor Canyon and Parrot Paradise
Walk through an enclosed aviary as eagles, vultures and more fly above your head, then head over to Parrot Paradise, when you can purchase food sticks to feed the friendly cockatiel that alight on your hand to eat.
Fort Worth Zoo
1989 Colonial Parkway, Fort Worth
Click HERE to visit their website.
Keep Having Fun in the Texas Sun!
Having Fun in the TEXAS Sun is on PINTEREST! Use it as a quick resource to find activities in different Texas towns! Click HERE!
© Having Fun in the Texas Sun, 2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Having Fun in the Texas Sun with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.