The Fort Worth Stockyards are the perfect place to enjoy a day with friends, family or even a special date! You can spend all day, or even fill up a weekend, with great activities such as the Stockyards Championship Rodeo, Trail Rides along the Trinity River, watching the twice daily cattle drive or just shopping! However, one of the biggest draws to The Stockyards are their incredible restaurants! Here’s my list and never wonder where to eat again!
1. Horseshoe Hill Cafe, 204 W. Exchange Ave. I can’t just say go for the chicken fried steak because it will change your life, because there are so many different versions of their chicken fried steak! The Cowboy Way comes with peppered cream gravy, but the Farmer’s Way includes chili, gravy and a fried egg. My favorite might be Lefty’s Way, which covers the fried steak in queso blanco! One thing is for sure, you won’t make a bad decision!
2. Love Shack, 110 East Exchange Ave One of the Tim Love Restaurants, which includes The Woodshed on the Trinity River and Lonesome Dove. This is a fun and casual burger joint, with open-air seating! Order the Dirty Love Burger (quail eggs are delicious), with house-made onion rings and their in-house root beer!
3. Hunter Brothers H3 Ranch, 105 East Exchange Ave. My husband always insist on the 18 oz. bone in rib-eye, but the tomahawk pork chop with mashed sweet potatoes gets my vote every time! However, never ever overlook their weekend breakfast; I love the roast beef hash with poached eggs!
4. The Lonesome Dove Western Bistro, 2406 N. Main Street If you love a culinary adventure, this is your destination! From my son’s favorite elk sliders to antelope tacos, even kangaroo and wild boar make their menu. You won’t make a mistake here, but you absolutely need to try the rattlesnake-rabbit sausage. Even if you opt for their completely traditional fare, be sure and request the patio, it’s a Stockyard’s Secret!
5. Los Vaqueros, 2629 North Main Street Make plans to visit this incredible Stockyards Tex Mex restaurant for the Weekend Brunch served on their Garden!
6. Joe T. Garcia’s, 2201 N. Commerce The gorgeous gardens at this famous Fort Worth restaurant, which has been serving up Tex-Mex since 1935, could never be over-stated! Plan to eat on the patio, bring cash and just enjoy yourself!
Keep Having Fun in the Texas Sun!
Having Fun in the TEXAS Sun is on PINTEREST! Use it as a quick resource to find activities in different Texas towns! Click HERE!
© Having Fun in the Texas Sun, 2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Having Fun in the Texas Sun with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
I will occasionally post some of my favorite Amazon items with links to purchase. As an Amazon affiliate, I do receive a small, very small, commission should you choose to purchase using my link. If you do, thank you for supporting my small business.