Sure, you can spend a small inheritance in Arlington between Six Flags, the Texas Rangers and Dallas Cowboys, but there’s still a lot of fun to be found for FREE all over the city! Here are 10 of my favorites!
1. Take a family bike ride at River Legacy Park This graceful park sits on the Trinity River in North Arlington, with a 5-mile paved bike trail perfect for a family outing! There are plenty of places to stop along the way for a picnic lunch, from grassy meadows to shaded picnic tables. Your kids will love the playground, too!
2. Go on a Star of Texas Scavenger Hunt Arlington has placed stars around the city, for a fun scavenger hunt from the car!
3. Hike Crystal Canyon Hiking Trails This easy hike takes you into a sparkling canyon covered with gypsum crystals. For fun, read up on the legend of the lost treasure.
4. Disc Golf at Veterans Park Disc Golf is a fun and inexpensive activity for the whole family!
5. Levitt Pavilion The jewel of Arlington, this big, open-air live music venue brings FREE music to the city!
6. Southwest Nature Preserve This hiking destination allows you some incredible views of Fort Worth from one of the highest points in Arlington. There is also a stocked pond, so it’s a great place to spend an afternoon fishing!
7. Sculpture Trail at Richard Green Park The linear trail takes you past Calum Moor, a series of unique sculptures along Johnson Creek.
8. Murals in Downtown Arlington If you love murals like I do, then head to Center Street, between Division and Front Street. You’ll find great murals and some of the best restaurants in town, too.
9. The George W. Hawkes Arlington Public Library Take an adventure everyday with exciting activities, especially during Summer, offered at the library!
10. Arlington Splash Pads at Don Meisenheimer, California Lane and Brantley Hinshaw Parks.
Keep Having Fun in the Texas Sun!
Having Fun in the TEXAS Sun is on PINTEREST! Use it as a quick resource to find activities in different Texas towns! Click HERE!
© Having Fun in the Texas Sun, 2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Having Fun in the Texas Sun with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.