As soon as school starts, we start turning our heads and hearts to Dallas and the State Fair of Texas, which runs from September 27 – October 30th, 2019! While the Fair is a blast for the entire family, there are some amazing things for the smallest of Texans, too!
1. Fiesta De’ Marionettes! I can’t wait to see this exhibit of 85 colorful marionettes! A backstage tour and craft activity follows the show!
2. Backyard Circus Kids can dress up and be a part of the circus at this fun exhibit in the Creative Arts Building.
3. Livestock Birthing Barn A yearly favorite, kids can watch as baby chicks hatch and other amazing animals! We saw a baby goat born last year!
4. PeeWee Stampeed and Rodeo Children 3-6 years old can saddle up on a stick horse and participate in mock rodeo events! Located in the Ranch Arena!
5. Planet Agriculture at the Go Texan Pavilion Hands-on displays and activities show how Texan farmers and ranchers touch lives everyday!
6. Little Hands on the Farm in the Coliseum Kids can experience life on the farm from purchasing the seeds, to planting, harvest and taking them to market in a fun, hands-on exhibit where the children learn through play! Always a favorite exhibit, it’s been moved to the Coliseum and part of Home on the Range Experience!
7. Children’s Barnyard and Petting Zoo in the Coliseum Also part of the new Home on the Range Experience, children can feed and see a variety of animals from around the world, from camels to kangaroos!
8. Take an annual picture with Big Tex If, like us, you go to the Fair yearly, the annual pictures are a must in their timelines! Even if it’s your first time at the fair, Big Tex is an icon, and a great reminder of your visit, long after the light-spinning toys are broke!
9. Daily Monarch Release at Texas Discovery Gardens Each day at noon watch as they release butterflies into the Butterfly House, as well as daily Toddler Talk at 11am, and Critter Encounter at 2pm.
10. Stingray Feeding at the Children’s Aquarium Hand-feed the stingrays in the Stingray Pool at the Children’s Aquarium.
11. 1914 Dentzel Carousel Of all the midway rides, our favorite is the Dentzel Carousel! One of only 3 still working in the United States, it has 66 horses, a Wurlitzer Organ and has been a part of the Texas State Fair for 72 years.
12. Get a pair of FREE cow ears at Dairy Discovery Zone near Gate 11 Play some “cheesy” games, learn a little about the Texas Dairy Industry, and get a free pair of cow ears!
13. Soar The much-loved bird show is back, ready for a whole new group of kids to love!
14. The Miniature Trains in the Errol McCoy Greenhouse Another permanent exhibit at the State Fair, the train garden inside the Greenhouse is a favorite of every train fan!
Keep Having Fun in the Texas Sun!
Having Fun in the TEXAS Sun is on PINTEREST! Use it as a quick resource to find activities in different Texas towns! Click HERE!
© Having Fun in the Texas Sun, 2018. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Having Fun in the Texas Sun with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.