8 Tips for Light Up Arlington, July 3rd, 2018
Celebrate the Independence Day at Light Up Arlington on July 3rd! Here’s 8 Terrific Tips for having a wonderful time at this fun and FREE event!
There are two thoughts to parking, and it depends on your preference. Some people get there early for a great parking spot, which gets you an easy walk in the heat of the day but a wait in traffic when the show is over OR you can park out a little further, walk a little more and get out faster it’s over. Either way, here’s are the available parking spots.
The Dallas Wings game at UTA gets out about 10pm, so expect heavier traffic in that area.
Some of the BEST parking spots (those in red) are FREE after 7:30pm!
- If you’re planning on being there all day, pack your ice chest with water and cold drinks, but no glass.
- Bring some fruit for the kids to keep them hydrated, too!
- There are over 20 food trucks at the event, so you won’t have a problem being hungry, and most take credit cards. It never hurts to have a little cash, though!
- If you need a little air conditioning, there are plenty of terrific restaurants in the area!
- Grease Monkey usually has an extra grill going for the event, to keep down lines and they have amazing burgers! Click HERE to visit their website.
- Mellow Mushroom and Babe’s Chicken House are both on S. Center St., an easy walk.
- J. Gilligan’s has great food and drinks, don’t miss the Irish Nachos! Click HERE for their website.
- Twisted Root Burgers and the Flying Fish are a short walk away!
3. Kid’s Activities
- There are pony rides, a trackless train, a petting zoo and bounce houses, all for a small fee. Bring some cash.
- The newly-opened Arlington Public Library will be open until 9pm, with free crafts and family activities, plus air conditioning! Click HERE for more information.
- Head over to UTA Planetarium to watch the super cool show, SpacePark 360 Infinity at 3pm!
4. Live Music
There are multiple stages featuring live music, starting at 6:30pm.
5. What to bring
- Pack a wagon if you have one.
- Umbrellas for some quick shade
- Ice chest with water, cold drinks and some fruit. No glass bottles.
- There will be TONS of glow stick type items for sale, but save some money and bring your own!
- If you get a place in the grass at the Levitt, bring a blanket to let the kids lay on and watch the fireworks!
- Baby wipes and hand sanitizer.
- A radio to listen to the music choreographed to the fireworks show on 95.9 the Ranch.
6. A reminder of what NOT to bring
- No Glass Bottles
- Pets are welcome, but the fireworks may be upsetting for them.
Most of the restrooms are port-a-pottys, but visit the new Arlington Library before 9pm to use their restrooms and enjoy the AC.
The fireworks show will begin at 9:45 PM, and will be launched from the Municipal Office Tower at 101 S. Mesquite.
Keep Having Fun in the Texas Sun!
Having Fun in the TEXAS Sun is on PINTEREST! Use it as a quick resource to find activities in different Texas towns! Click HERE!
© Having Fun in the Texas Sun, 2018. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Having Fun in the Texas Sun with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.