Located in the heart of the Texas Hill Country, the little town of Blanco offers a chance to slow down and enjoy some of the simpler things, like a cool dip in the Blanco river, the smell of fresh lavender on a gentle breeze in Summer, or just sitting back and making new friends at one of the local, family-owned restaurants in town!
1.Spend a day or weekend at Blanco State Park! This little park sits right on the Blanco River, and just out of Downtown Blanco! It’s a fun place to hang out, take a nature walk, kayak on the river or take a swim in one of the best swimming holes in the state! Fishing from the banks of the Blanco River doesn’t require a fishing license, either! The river is stocked each winter with rainbow trout. Don’t forget your bikes to ride into town!
2. Sit back and enjoy a warm Spring afternoon at Real Ale Brewery, which has a tap room and brewery tours, too!
3. The Texas Hill Country is known for their beautiful lavender farms, and Blanco is the Lavender Capital of Texas! Check out Hill Country Lavender, when the lavender is blooming, from late May through June, and the Lavender Market in Downtown Blanco on June 11-13th.
4. Visit the Blanco Bowling Club and learn a little more about 9-pin bowling!
5. Old 300 BBQ makes Hill Country BBQ in the Blanco Courthouse Square, and is open 7 days a week.
6. Take a tour of how they make Andalusia Whiskey. For 21 and up.
7. The Deutsch Apple makes the best apple cakes! You won’t be disappointed!
8. Enjoy a horseback trail ride through the Texas Hill Country with Travis P. Trail Rides!
9. Make it a pizza night at Blanco River Pizza Company!
Keep Having Fun in the Texas Sun!
Having Fun in the TEXAS Sun is on PINTEREST! Use it as a quick resource to find activities in different Texas towns! Click HERE!
© Having Fun in the Texas Sun, 2023. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Having Fun in the Texas Sun with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Please click HERE to read our disclaimer.
I will occasionally post some of my favorite Amazon items with links to purchase. As an Amazon affiliate, I do receive a small, very small, commission should you choose to purchase using my link. If you do, thank you for supporting my small business.