There’s so much to love about Port Aransas, and so much to do! Here’s a few of our favorites things to so when visiting Mustang Island and Port Aransas!
1. Port Aransas Beach There’s nothing better than just spending a day doing nothing on the Port Aransas Beach! Buiding sandcastles, chasing crabs and just playing in the surf is truly the best way to enjoy Port Aransas! An annual parking pass is $12, and you can pick it up on the beach or at Stripes. FREE beach parking is from the jetties to Horace Caldwell Pier and between markers 52-58. Tent and RV Camping is allowed anywhere along the beach, not in the dunes or driving lane, with campfires no larger than 3×3. Check with the city for current camping fees for RVs. Tent camping is FREE.
2. Deep Sea Headquarters From bay fishing charters to offshore fishing and even 3 day tuna trips, you can schedule a fun fishing trip with this professional fishing team! The Summer 8-hour is our favorite, and we’ve never gone without filling up our ice chest with fresh caught fish!
3. Red Dragon Pirate Cruise This fun pirate-themed cruise for kids takes you around the bay while sword fighting, searching for buried treasure and having a great dance party! It’s completely interactive, so the kids and you are busy the entire trip! WE LOVE IT!
4. Ride the Port Aransas Ferry This FREE, short ferry ride takes you across to Aransas Pass, by car or you can just walk on for a neat little boat trip! It’s very short, but still a great way to spot dolphins and always fun for kids!
5. Bron’s Beach Carts You can take a zoom around Port Aransas streets or in the sand on a fun beach cart! Really, you will see these fun carts everywhere!
6. Scarlett Lady Dolphin Cruise Not only will you get a chance to take an incredible cruise out to the bay to see the dolphins, but along the way you learn a lot more about the topography of the island!
7. Port Aransas Sandcastle Guy Fun for the entire family, we loved our sandcastle making class with the Port Aransas Sandcastle Guy!
8. San Juan (St. Joe) Island A primitive beach only accessible by boat or ferry, you’ll love beach-combing, playing in the surf or fishing on this private island. The ferry runs daily.
9. Desserted Island Ice Cream Shop We love this cute little ice cream shop, with games to play while you lick the day away!
10. Leonabelle Turnbill Birding Center Walk through the wetlands on the elevated boardwalk to see birds, alligators and so much more! FREE
11. Port A H2O offers amazing kitesurfing lesson!
12. Roberts Point Park This FREE park on the bay offers great views of ships, and is a great place to come look for dolphins and sea turtles! There are also jettys for fishing and an amphitheater for monthly FREE concerts.
13. Fly I Port A Kite Shop will help you find the perfect kite to fly on the beach!
14. Keepers at Horace Caldwell Pier I love pier fishing and this is one of my favorites! A fun place to take the kids fishing, they rent poles, sell bait and even have a bar and grill.
15. Chute “Em Up Parasailing If you’re looking for the ultimate vacation activity, go parasailing!
16. Port Aransas Pasture Preserve A 3-mile crushed granite hike and bike trail to see native coastal waterbirds, with a 2-story observation tower.
17. Texas Surf Camp Take a day or week surf lesson or camp with Texas Surf Camp!
18. LIghthouse Lakes Paddling Trail Glide a kayak through the black mangrove-lined channels that lead to the historic 1857 Lydia Ann Lighthouse.
19. Aero-Copters See Port A, the bay and beach from the air with a helicopter tour!
20. Island Surf Rentals offers fun bike rentals to ride around the island!
21. Palmilla Beach Golf Course lets you tee up on their new 9-hole golf course and driving range.
22. Port Aransas Shuttle no need to drive around Port Aransas, the Island Shuttle can take you there!
23. Public Swimming Pool If you’re not staying at a hotel with a pool, this fun public pool is just $1 admission, and has some great slides!
24. Port Aransas Parks and Recreation offers a Beach Walk on the 4th Friday of each month to explore the many shells and sea critters found on our beaches. The walk begins at 9 am from the Horace Caldwell Pier at the end of Beach St.
Keep Having Fun in the Texas Sun!
Having Fun in the TEXAS Sun is on PINTEREST! Use it as a quick resource to find activities in different Texas towns! Click HERE!
© Having Fun in the Texas Sun, 2022. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Having Fun in the Texas Sun with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.