You don’t need a cowboy hat to enjoy the variety of activities in the Stockyards, and just as it’s a great destination for night-life, during the day there plenty to do for the whole family!
1. Shopping Even your pickiest child will love all the unique things to see in the Stockyards! Stop in at the Cross-Eyed Moose for some unique finds you won’t see anywhere else! Head over to Stockyards Station to visit fun shopping destinations such as the Longhorn General Store and Texas Jake’s Trading Company, and don’t forget to stop at the Candy Bin!
2. Watch the Daily Cattle Drive Watch as the Stockyard’s Herd of Longhorns are driven down Exchange each day at 11:30 am and 4:00 pm. Line up a few minutes before, and watch little kids so they don’t run out in the street!
3. The Stockyards Stables has a petting zoo, arena rides for younger children, trail rides along the Trinity River, horse-drawn carriage rides or you can sit atop a longhorn steer for a photo!
4. Cowtown Cattlepen Maze Race through the twist and turns of this fun cattlepen-themed maze! $6/person or half-price on Tuesdays with the Code Word “Cowtown”!
5. Billy Bob’s Texas It’s $2/person to enter during the day to walk around the largest honky-tonk in the world! There are arcade games, food and fun walls of country music stars handprints in concrete. We love the bull riding pictures!
6. Stockyards Championship Rodeo Grab your boots for a fun rodeo experience every Friday and Saturday Night! My kids love the Mutton-Busting and Calf-Scramble, where all the kids in attendance can come down and chase a lamb or calf. Both are included in the price of the ticket.
7. You’ll Get Hungry Beef is King in the Stockyards, so grab a burger at Chef Tim Love’s Love Shack, our favorite, or Trailboss Burgers, part of the Riscky’s family. Both are very very kid friendly! Horseshoe Hill Cafe has an incredible menu, with their chicken fried steak being one of my favorites! A 15-minute walk or a short drive away is Joe T. Garcia’s, a landmark in the Historic Stockyards since 1935!
8. Mechanical Bull Located in front of Stockyards Station, it’s $8 for a ride on the mechanical bull, but your kid will love it!
9. Grapevine Vintage Railroad For a unique way to visit the Fort Worth Stockyards, ride the train from Grapevine, and you’ll have a couple of hours to walk around. If you’re in the Stockyards, just on for a 45 minute ride on the Trinity River Excursion. Tickets are sold walk-up only.
10. Coyote Drive In One of our very favorite things to do in the Stockyards is the Coyote Drive In! It’s one of the best drive ins, with 4 screens, a big concession stand, a full bar, playground and even an outdoor ice skating rink, Panther Ice, during the holidays!
Keep Having Fun in the Texas Sun!
Having Fun in the TEXAS Sun is on PINTEREST! Use it as a quick resource to find activities in different Texas towns! Click HERE!
© Having Fun in the Texas Sun, 2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Having Fun in the Texas Sun with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.