We love Denton! This fun town, North of Dallas and Fort Worth, is such a fun Day Trip! There are great stores in Downtown, incredible restaurants plus so much more to do! See for yourself why you need to add Denton to your list of places to visit!
1 The Goatman’s Bridge Take a hike along the Hickory Creek Trail and see the Goatman’s Bridge, also known as the Old Alton Bridge. Once connecting the now Ghost Town of Alton, the lovely iron-truss bridge was built in 1884 and in use until 2001. The legend says that Oscar Washburn, a local goat farmer, who had been hanged from the bridge still haunts the area.
2. The Chairy Orchard, 1426 Churchill Drive, Denton This is one of my favorite stops in Denton! It’s such a cute, whimsical place, it’s FREE, and you can see the love that built and maintains it when you visit! Gathered and donated chairs are brightly painted and scattered around on an empty lot for cute photo ops! They even have a fun scavenger hunt!
3. The Battlefield If your kids love nerf guns, they’ll flip for The Battlefield! Open play times each weekend with fun theme weekends, like Aliens!
4. Denton County Courthouse Square We love just spending a morning walking around the Denton Country Courthouse and all the cute shops surrounding it! We love Beth Marie’s Ice Cream Parlor, Mad World Records, LSA Burgers on their rooftop patio, Atomic Candy, and one of my favorite bookstores, Recycled! Gnome Cones has the cutest little shop with amazing snow cones!
5. Clear Creek Natural Heritage Center With over 7 miles of hiking trails, this is always a neat place to explore! Trails open at 6am and admission is FREE.
6. Water Works Park This fun, city-owned water park offers slides, a lazy river and a wave pool, but it also includes the attached indoor Natatorium with diving boards! We’ve visit almost every Summer, thanks to Water Works Park providing us complementary tickets, and the kids love being able to get out of the sun and just swim!
7. Summit Climbing Gym This bouldering gym is a great place to get out of the sun and let the kids (and you) get a little exercise!
8. Denton County Historical Park includes the Victorian tour house, the Bayless Selby House. Learn about the history of Denton County at this unique park. Check their website for upcoming events, including the Denton Farmers Market and live music!
9. Mr. Frosty Drive In, 1001 Fort Worth Drive A long time hamburger drive-in, open since 1954, making amazing cheeseburgers and homemade root beer! I love old fashioned drive ins, and there aren’t many left in the state! This place is a treasure!
10. The Juicy Pig, 708 N. Locust St. Great BBQ, and amazing sides make this a must when we are visiting Denton!
11. Explorium Children’s Museum A cute and inexpensive little children’s museum with hands-on exhibits.
Also check out…
Wagon Master RV Park and Alpaca Farm This fun and friendly farm offers public alpaca feedings!
Click HERE to visit their website.
Keep Having Fun in the Texas Sun!
Having Fun in the TEXAS Sun is on PINTEREST! Use it as a quick resource to find activities in different Texas towns! Click HERE!
©Having Fun in the Texas Sun, 2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Having Fun in the Texas Sun with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.