We are counting down the days until Summer, and Grapevine is always a Must Do on our Summer To Do List! From amazing hotels and restaurants to lazy days on Lake Grapevine, there is always something incredible waiting for you in Grapevine!
1. Sea Life Aquarium Don’t let the mall setting fool you, Sea Life is a great aquarium with a 360 degree ocean tunnel, and learn more about protecting our sensitive ocean environment!
2. Gaylord Texan Hotel Their fun waterpark, Paradise Springs, is great for the whole family! The resort offers Summer events and shows that will keep your kids busy and happy!
3. 4th of July Fireworks Extravaganza Each year Grapevine puts on a huge fireworks show on the lake, and there are parks all around where you can sit and watch!
4. Paddleboarding and Wakesurfing on Grapevine Lake Rent a paddleboard or take a wake surfing class with DFW Surf!
6. Rockledge Park One of my favorite Summer swimming locations in DFW, you can’t beat it for clear, cool water and if you’re lucky, a little private swim cove during the week! It does get BUSY on weekends! Don’t forget life jackets for kids, as it gets deep fast. It’s the perfect place to watch a sunset. The park also offers kayak rentals and offers access to the North Shore Trail, one of the best hiking and mountain biking trails in the area. Visit their website to see this fun park offers!
7. Night Watchman Ghost Tours Don’t miss the fun on Friday and Saturday evenings in Historic Downtown Grapevine on a Night Watchman Ghost Tour! A perfect mix of entertainment and eerieness, you’ll love learning a little more about Grapevine’s history as you walk the back streets.
8. Great Wolf Lodge Fun, themed-rooms, a great indoor and outdoor waterpark and kid-friendly activities all await you at this Grapevine hotel!
9. Grapevine Vintage Railroad Enjoy a historic train ride to the Fort Worth Stockyards or one of their special excursions!
10. Legoland Discovery Center, Grapevine Mills Mall My kids have now outgrown all the fun at Legoland, but we use to have a blast with all the activities, rides, and just building things! We did playdates, birthdays and just fun out of the sun days! Take my word for it, take the kids and enjoy it while you can!
11. Nash Farms Operated by the city, this working farm gives families a chance to experience life on a farm, with sheep, chickens and crops. They have monthly special events, too.
12. Peppa Pig World of Play, Grapevine Mills Mall Even though my kids are WAY to old for Peppa Pig, I had a blast visiting with my Best Friend’s daughter! We stayed all morning, and it is really, really fun! Afterwards, we headed over to Rainforest Cafe for lunch, which you’re never too old to enjoy!
13. Vetro Glass Blowing Studios, Downtown Grapevine Last year for Christmas we helped make some beautiful tree ornaments, and this Summer they have cute little bowls you can help make and take! I love it!
14. Downtown Grapevine From shopping to great restaurants, a farmer’s market and fun activities like watching the clock tower “gun-fight”, it’s always a great time!
15. WhoaZone, Meadowmere Park The largest inflatable water park in Texas is located at Meadowmere Park on Lake Grapevine, and it is a blast (and a workout) for the whole family! Visit their website for dates, hours, pricing and online reservations! Because of recent flooding, the park is currently closed.
Keep Having Fun in the Texas Sun!
Having Fun in the TEXAS Sun is on PINTEREST! Use it as a quick resource to find activities in different Texas towns! Click HERE!
© Having Fun in the Texas Sun , 2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Having Fun in the Texas Sun with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Please click HERE to read our disclaimer.