Like everything, Texas celebrates St. Patrick’s Day is a BIG way! From parades, carnivals, pageants, Gaelic music and a Green River, here are some of the best celebrations going on across the state!
1. St. Patrick’s Day Downtown Street Festival, Wichita Falls Enjoy live music and kid’s activities, 5K run, dancing and festive food!
2. Mansfield Best Maid St. Patty’s Pickle Parade The home of Best Maid Pickles puts on their green for a festival like no other! A 5K run and costume contest, kid’s activities including petting zoo and bounce houses, pickle eating contest, pickle parade and renown pickle queens!
3. Dublin St. Patrick’s Day Festival Each year, the Texas town with the Irish name celebrates with a carnival, Little Miss Dublin Pageant, Shamrock Shuffle 5K, Main Street Parade, Stew Cook-off, kids activities, gun show, dog show, and Shake Your Shamrock Dance! Be sure to visit the Dublin Bottling Works, former home of Dublin Dr. Pepper, and try some of their new, wonderful drinks, or one of their AMAZING sundaes!
4. Austin St. Patrick’s Day Festival *Cancelled for 2022* Visitors will delight to lots of live music, children’s storytime with the Gaelic League of Austin, who will also present conversational Irish, Rolling Video and Game Center, Human Gyroscope and much more!
5. Shamrock St. Patrick’s Day Celebration
The oldest St. Patrick’s Day celebration in Texas is held where else but in Shamrock! Carnival rides, parade, car show, cartoons at the theater, live music and plenty of food!
6. Houston Saint Patrick’s Day Parade
The annual Houston parade is one of the largest in the nation! Grab a chair and lots of green, and find a seat to watch the Irish and Irish at Heart as they celebrate!
7. St. Patrick’s Day River Parade, San Antonio San Antonio’s Riverwalk brings you the greenest and wettest parade in Texas. Environmentally friendly green dye is released into the San Antonio River along the Riverwalk, creating a temporary Emerald Green River Shannon. Barges take singers and musician up and down the river. Enjoy live music on Arneson Stage, and a family-friendly festival of food, games, activities and more in La Villita!
Keep Having Fun in the Texas Sun!
Having Fun in the TEXAS Sun is on PINTEREST! Use it as a quick resource to find activities in different Texas towns! Click HERE!
© Having Fun in the Texas Sun, 2022. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Having Fun in the Texas Sun with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.