Since 1896, the Fort Worth Stock Show has been entertaining and educating visitors, and the event has grown to over a million guest in just 23 days, all coming to see the best in livestock, rodeo and fun! It’s something we look forward to visiting each January on these amazing, spring-like days we in North Texas are always lucky enough to get, and I’m happy to share some of my best tips with you!
I had a friend tell me the other day that she drove to the Historic Fort Worth Stockyards, only to find out that the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo isn’t held there! It’s easy to see how it is confusing! While the Historic Stockyards are open year round, the FWSSR is located in the Cultural District at the Will Rogers Memorial Coliseum and new Dickies Arena, near the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History, where it’s been since 1944!
1. Parking While parking at the FWSSR is pretty easy, you can pay almost half price and park at Billy Bob’s in the Fort Worth Stockyards ($5) and ride the shuttle, then skip a lot of that traffic when you’re leaving!
2. Tickets You can purchase tickets to the FWSSR grounds, which includes all the animals and exhibits, as well as the midway. You’ll want to purchase your tickets to the rodeo online and usually in advance. Rodeo Tickets include admission to the grounds. Click HERE for a list of prices and money saving promotional days!
3. Live Music If you love live music, you’ll want to pay a little more ($19/person) and head over to this fun Roadhouse venue inside the livestock grounds, where you’ll hear some of the best of local music! If you have a rodeo ticket, you can get in for FREE!
4. Cute Animals = College Scholarships I love seeing the FFA and 4H kids with their show animals! They work so hard, and it’s great that other kids can see that dedication, that often comes with a big paycheck!
5. Baby Animals!! The FFA Children’s Barnyard has lots of cute baby animals for the kids to see, including baby ducks, hatching chicks, baby pigs and much more!
There are even baby chicks just hatching out of eggs!
6. Planet Agriculture, the are various booths about Texas farming!
7. The Food! Of course, all the FOOD at the Stock Show is AMAZING!
8. The Midway has lots of great rides and games, too! Rides are purchased with coupons, and you can pay for them with credit cards, or save a little money and buy the tickets online!
10. Make a full day of it and enjoy the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History, the Cattle Raisers Museum and the National Cowgirl Museum for FREE with your grounds ticket!
My Mommy Tips:
A Membership to the Fort Worth Museum of Science and Nature includes free tickets to the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo!
Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo
3400 Burnett Tandy Drive, Fort Worth
Click HERE to visit their website.
Keep Having Fun in the Texas Sun!
Having Fun in the TEXAS Sun is on PINTEREST! Use it as a quick resource to find activities in different Texas towns! Click HERE!
© Having Fun in the Texas Sun, 2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Having Fun in the Texas Sun with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.