Often overlooked for it’s noisy neighbor, Austin, the city of Leander sits on the shores of Lake Travis and offers a wealth of fun for a summer vacation or weekend getaway!
1. Sandy Creek Park, Travis County Park Spend a day playing in the clear green waters of Lake Travis at this great park! The park offers a swimming area on a quiet cove on the lake, away from most of the heavier boat traffic, and fishing along the shore. Admission is $10/car.
2. Quarry Splash Pad, 3005 County Road 175, Leander This huge splash pad is open from Mid-May (May 18th, 2019) to Labor Day! Pack a picnic and spend the day keeping cool!
3. Volente Beach Resort, 16107 FM 2769, Leander We love this fun waterpark on Lake Travis, with slides, pools, live music, sand volleyball and really surprisingly good food! They even have cute cabanas to stay in overnight!
4. VIP Marina 16107B FM 2769, Leander Rent a ski boat, houseboat, pontoon boat or even an awesome party barge with slides at this fun marina on Lake Travis!
5. Premier Party Cruises, 13993 FM 2769, Leander Spend the day playing on one of their extreme party boats on Lake Travis!
6. Lake Travis Scuba, 16203 Dodd St., Volente Book an excursion with Lake Travis Scuba to take you out to some of the best diving on the lake!
7. Lake Travis Zipline Adventures and Waterloo Floating Waterpark, 14529 Pocahontas Trail, Leander The fastest and longest zip line in Texas takes you out across the lake! Waterloo is an incredible, inflatable structure on the lake, where you can slip, slide and have a blast!
8. The Famous Float House, 9907 Trails End Road, #10, Leander Spend a weekend at the lake on this fun, floating house!
9. Leander Dinosaur Track, 601 S. Gabriel Drive, Leander (parking) You’ll need to wear a pair of water shoes to head down to the San Gabriel River to see the tracks in the riverbed, but even when there is water, you can see the tracks! Use caution and courtesy when visiting this FREE site!
Keep Having Fun in the Texas Sun!
Having Fun in the TEXAS Sun is on PINTEREST! Use it as a quick resource to find activities in different Texas towns! Click HERE!
© Having Fun in the Texas Sun, 2019. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Having Fun in the Texas Sun with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.