You don’t need a cowboy hat to enjoy the variety of activities in the Stockyards, and just as it’s a great destination for night-life, during the day there plenty to do for the whole family!
1. Watch the Daily Cattle Drive Watch as the Stockyard’s Herd of Longhorns are driven down Exchange each day at 11:30 am and 4:00 pm. Line up a few minutes before, and watch little kids so they don’t run out in the street!
2. The Stockyards Stables has a petting zoo, arena rides for younger children, trail rides along the Trinity River, horse-drawn carriage rides or you can sit atop a longhorn steer for a photo!
3. Cowtown Cattlepen Maze Race through the twist and turns of this fun cattlepen-themed maze! $6/person or half-price on Tuesdays with the Code Word “Cowtown”!
4. Billy Bob’s Texas It’s $2/person to enter during the day to walk around the largest honky-tonk in the world! There are arcade games, food and fun walls of country music stars handprints in concrete. We love the bull riding pictures!
5. Stockyards Championship Rodeo Grab your boots for a fun rodeo experience every Friday and Saturday Night! My kids love the Mutton-Busting and Calf-Scramble, where all the kids in attendance can come down and chase a lamb or calf. Both are included in the price of the ticket.
7. Mechanical Bull Located in front of Stockyards Station, it’s $8 for a ride on the mechanical bull, but your kid will love it!
8. Grapevine Vintage Railroad For a unique way to visit the Fort Worth Stockyards, ride the train from Grapevine, and you’ll have a couple of hours to walk around. If you’re in the Stockyards, just on for a 45 minute ride on the Trinity River Excursion. Tickets are sold walk-up only.
Keep Having Fun in the Texas Sun!
Having Fun in the TEXAS Sun is on PINTEREST! Use it as a quick resource to find activities in different Texas towns! Click HERE!
© Having Fun in the Texas Sun, 2019. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Having Fun in the Texas Sun with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.