Spring Break is almost here, but don’t fear if you haven’t already made your plans! There’s SO much to do in Houston! Check out my top picks for a non-stop Spring Break of fun!
1. Houston Museum of Natural Science Don’t miss the two amazing special exhibits at the HMNS this Spring, BodyWorlds and Ramses the Great and the Gold of the Pharaohs!
2. Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo The premier event during Spring Break in Houston is Rodeo Houston! With amazing concerts, food, rides, animal exhibits, activities for kids, live music and so much more! It runs from February 28 – March 20th!
3. Discovery Green Park This amazing park in Downtown Houston offers incredible activities everyday, but so much more during Spring Break! Catch movies on the lawn, thrill to their outdoor skating rink, or take out a kayak on the lake!
4. Space Center Houston Blast past the ordinary this Spring Break with all the things Out of This World at Space Center Houston! Take a tour of the replica of the Space Shuttle, see moon rocks, have lunch with an astronaut, experience interactive displays and never, ever skip the tram tour of Johnson Space Center!
5. Children’s Museum of Houston Destination Celebration returns to Children’s Museum Houston this Spring Break for high-flying fun, crazy shows, outrageous events, spectacular science demos and more every single day! Get in for FREE every Thursday evening from 5-8pm!
6. The Houston Zoo See the animals of the zoo as they enjoy the spring weather!
7. Farm Funland at Blessington Farms From pick-your-own strawberries to great farm activities like pedal cars, slides, barrel train, swings and of course farm animals, your kids won’t ever want to leave!
8. Health Museum In the DeBakey Cell Lab, you don’t need to be a scientist to enter, but you’ll feel like one when you leave! Gear up with a lab coat, gloves, and goggles and travel through experiment stations designed to bilingually introduce biology-based science to the public and inspire future scientists and leaders in the medical field.
9. Houston 61st Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade Saturday, March 12th at noon A FREE parade to celebrate the Shamrock in all of us!
10. 48th Annual Buffalo Bayou Regatta On March 7th you can watch or participate in this fun, 15-mile canoe and kayak race! Kids must be 12 years old to participate, and under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
11. Feed a Stingray at the Downtown Aquarium The friendly sea creatures will gracefully glide up to eat from your hand at this amazing, hands-on exhibit! The aquarium also offers fun rides, and the new outdoor Tiger Enclosure!
12. Houston Arboretum and Botanical Gardens Take a walk through the arboretum’s many diverse trails, or check out the fun activities offered during March!
13. Levy Park This amazing park offers a ton of activities daily, including Children’s Bingo!
Keep Having Fun in the Texas Sun!
Having Fun in the TEXAS Sun is on PINTEREST! Use it as a quick resource to find activities in different Texas towns! Click HERE!
© Having Fun in the Texas Sun, 2022. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Having Fun in the Texas Sun with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.