No more sitting around with nothing to do, here’s a list of 15 fun and FREE things to do in Fort Worth!
1. Check out the fun murals around Fort Worth! Fort Worth has some terrific murals! I love these at the intersection of Lancaster and Currie St., with free parking just across the street.
2. Molly the Trolley We love taking a fun ride on the Fort Worth Trolley, affectionately named Molly the Trolley! It’s free and a great way to get from Sundance Square to the Fort Worth Water Gardens or to catch the Trinity River Express train or Amtrack at Fort Worth Central Station!
3. The Dream Park at Trinity Park Check out the new, amazing all-inclusive playground in Fort Worth! Parking is FREE, too!
4. Free Tour of the Federal Bureau of Printing and Engraving Open 4 days a week for FREE tours, see the Money Factory, one of only two places in the U.S. where currency in printed!
5. Fort Worth Water Gardens While you can’t swim at the Water Gardens, the unique water features are beautiful to see, and the mist will keep you cool on a hot day! Located in Downtown Fort Worth, we usually go at least once a summer, and couple it with a visit to Sundance Square (#4). with a fun ride on the FREE Molly the Trolley (#14).
6. Fort Worth Stockyards. Fort Worth Stockyards Cattle Drive Every day at 11:30 am and 4:00 pm, traffic is stopped on Exchange in the Fort Worth Stockyards as their herd of Longhorn Cattle are driven down the old, brick road! It’s something not to miss!
7. Amon Carter Museum of American Art Located in the Museum District, we love the Amon Carter’s children and family events, but our favorite is the FREE tours given daily at 2pm!
8. Kimball Art Museum The permanent collection at the Kimball is always FREE, and my son loves the drop-in art program for kids 12 and younger!
9. Sid Richardson Museum Not only is it free to visit the Sid Richardson Museum, but they offer guided tour on Tuesday and Saturdays at 2pm, and each Monday have a fun FREE movie!
10. Monnig Meteorite Gallery Travel to space in Fort Worth at this FREE museum offering a chance to hold something older than Earth itself!
11. Sundays at the Modern The Modern Art Museum is FREE on Sundays, but my kids loved their FREE Wonderful Wednesdays art program for young children, offered the 2nd Wednesday of the month.
12. Hike or bike the Trinity Trails For a fun day of walking or bike riding, we usually start at Trinity Park or Panther Island Pavilion, both of which have bike rentals if you don’t want to bring your own bike.
13. Free concerts at Magnolia Green Park in Southside Sit under the stars for these once a month concerts in the hippest place in Fort Worth!
14. Hike to Airfield Falls A short hike on the paved Trinity Trails is definitely worth it to splash around at this fun waterfall, great for photo ops!
15. Fireworks at Panther Island Pavilion Fort Worth puts on a huge fireworks show each July 4th, and it’s still on for 2020!
Keep Having Fun in the Texas Sun!
Having Fun in the TEXAS Sun is on PINTEREST! Use it as a quick resource to find activities in different Texas towns! Click HERE!
© Having Fun in the Texas Sun, 2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Having Fun in the Texas Sun with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.