A hidden gem just 20 minutes from Downtown Dallas, Rockwall Harbor on beautiful Lake Ray Hubbard feels like you are a world away! It’s a perfect weekend escape with plenty to see and do, either with the family, girlfriends or a special weekend for 2!
1. Hilton Rockwall Lakefront Hotel A great weekend getaway starts with a great place to stay, and the Hilton Rockwall Lakefront Hotel is In addition to a great rooms, awesome staff and a beautiful location, this is the BEST smelling hotel I have ever been in. My family think it’s crazy that I noticed that, but I’m telling you, it SMELLS AMAZING. Not one room, scentsy-amazing, the entire hotel; guest rooms, elevator, restrooms, even the restaurant and bar. Go smell for yourself!
The pool area is absolutely incredible, too, although my picture doesn’t do it justice! Another thing I loved about the pool is the zero depth handicap entry. It stretches around the back of the building, and while the kids loved to play there, it’s so much nicer than the lift.
2. The Lighthouse From the pool area, a gate will take you down to the Harbor Pier and Lighthouse, and then to the fountains and Harbor at Rockwall Shopping Area! We enjoyed walking around the pier and just enjoying being on the water, between rain showers!
3. Sail With Scott Take a dinner cruise on the Seawolf, a “beautiful 40-foot-long by 25-foot-wide sailing catamaran, hand-built of beautiful Spanish cedar”. The Seawolf leaves from Rockwall Harbor.
4. Harbor Lights Cruises offers both public and private cruises on Lake Ray Hubbard leaving from Rockwall Harbor.
5. Suntex WaterSports at Chandler’s Landing and Captain’s Cove rents boats, just a short drive from Rockwall Harbor.
6. Come Hungry! There are great restaurants at the Harbor! We love Rodeo Goat, El Potrillo de la Sandia, Sideways BBQ, Gloria’s and the brunch at Dodie’s Cajun Diner is amazing!
7. Shopping Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory From chocolate dipped twinkies, my son’s favorite to caramel and chocolate covered apples and strawberries, this place was just dangerous! To make matters worse, they are open LATE on the weekends, like 11pm on Saturday night!
8. The Fountains A big, interactive spray area lets kids run and play! It’s located adjacent to a big lawn overlooking the harbor. Apparently, the fountains are even more fun in the rain, because my son had a blast!
9. Love Locks Aw, love locks! Usually associated with the Pont Des Arts Bridge in Paris, which had so many locks it was causing irreversible damage. The tradition holds that you write your names on a lock, and throw the key in the water, forever locking in your love. Today, there are tons of websites where you can purchase engraved love locks, many in the shape of hearts. I particularly like this “family love lock” I found! Click HERE to read more about the history of Lock Locks.
10. More Things To Do Nearby
Visit Downtown Rockwall We love this cute Downtown, with cute shops and a lovely restaurant, The Fatted Calf.
Blase Family Farm offers you pick blueberries in the Summer, and a cute Pumpkin Patch during the Fall.
Bass Pro Shops, Garland We always have fun exploring all there is to do at Bass Pro Shops!
Rowlett Bowl-A-Rama Enjoy a fun night bowling with the family!
Windsurf Bay Park
Windsurf Bay Park in Garland, just across the bridge, is a fun, FREE city park is known for their good winds, perfect for windsurfing! It’s a fun place to let the kids play in water, (please bring life jackets, there are no life guards) or relax and watch the wind surfers!
The kids had a blast swimming in the waves, too!
Shenaniganz has bowling, go carts, laser tag and SO much more! Click HERE to visit their website.
Squabble Creek Mountain Bike Trail is a 4.5 mile mountain bike trail. Click HERE to visit their website.
Rowlett Wet Zone is the city-owned waterpark!
Chisholm Trail Rides offers guided trail rides, 2 or 3 hours, for the whole family, 6 years and up.
2059 Summer Lee Drive, Rockwall
Click HERE to visit their website.
Keep Having Fun in the Texas Sun!
Having Fun in the TEXAS Sun is on PINTEREST! Use it as a quick resource to find activities in different Texas towns! Click HERE!
© Having Fun in the Texas Sun, 2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Having Fun in the Texas Sun with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Please click HERE to read our disclaimer.
I will occasionally post some of my favorite Amazon items with links to purchase. As an Amazon affiliate, I do receive a small, very small, commission should you choose to purchase using my link. If you do, thank you for supporting my small business.