Fall is in the air, and San Antonio is where you need to be! From scary to airy, there are so many amazing things happening this Fall in the Alamo City! Grab your ghoul friends and head for the fun!
- Catrinas on the River, Nov. 1 The Celebration of Life River Parade on the San Antonio River Walk.
2. Day of the Dead San Antonio, La Villita Historic Arts Village November 2-3rd Celebrate the holiday with traditional activities and sugar skulls, pinatas and music for the kids.
3. Hike Government Canyon State Natural Area Enjoy the cooler Fall temperatures and take a hike! The Government Canyon offers easy to hard backcountry hikes, as well as interpretive events and camping, and you can even see dinosaur tracks! Reservations are required.
4. Japanese Tea Gardens Relax at this amazing and historic Japanese Tea Garden, located in Brackenridge Park. FREE.
5. Hallowfest at Six Flags Fiesta Texas September 18 – November 1st. Fall festive during the day, things get much more creepy as the lights go down at dark! 2020 brings more outdoor activities, with the same great scares and amazing music you love from FrightFest. Reservations are required.
6. Muertosfest October 26th and 27th at Hemisfair Park, FREE Celebrate with traditional music, food, drink and activities for children.
7. Origami in the Garden at the San Antonio Botanical Gardens, September 19 – May, 2021 Enjoy these larger than life odes to origami in the gardens.
8. Owl Creek Farm and Pumpkin Patch Opens Saturday, September 26th with farm fun for the whole family!
9. Sisters Grim Ghost Tour Learn about the things that go bump in the night on this fun and frightening ghost tour through Old San Antonio!
10. Spooktacular at Seaworld San Antonio Weekends September 25 – November 1 A child-focused event for all the fun of Halloween!
11. Thirteenth Floor Haunted House Named one of the best haunted houses in the country, Thirteenth Floor will scare you worse than Covid-19 and Killer Hornets combined! Reservations only, make ahead because they will sell out!
12. Zoo Boo at the San Antonio Zoo Sept. 19 – October 31st. Daily and FREE with zoo admission. Wear your costumer for a fun fall festival with pumpkin decorating, music, a hay maze, trick or treating and much more! New for 2020, the San Antonio Zoo Boo will offer a drive-thru event on Friday Nights! I really think this is going to be so much fun! Every Friday Evening from September 19 – October 31st. Online reservations are required.
13. Mission Adventure Tours on the Mission Reach Paddling Trail For the first time, you can kayak in the famous San Antonio Riverwalk during October, only! It’s a great opportunity to explore the river! The San Antonio River runs wild above the Riverwalk, and a great way to experience it is on a kayak trip! Mission Adventure Tours offers kayaks for rent!
Keep Having Fun in the Texas Sun!
Having Fun in the TEXAS Sun is on PINTEREST! Use it as a quick resource to find activities in different Texas towns! Click HERE!
© Having Fun in the Texas Sun, 2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Having Fun in the Texas Sun with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Please click HERE to read our disclaimer.
I will occasionally post some of my favorite Amazon items with links to purchase. As an Amazon affiliate, I do receive a small, very small, commission should you choose to purchase using my link. If you do, thank you for supporting my small business.