A weekend playing in the river in New Braunfels doesn’t stop when you get out of the river! There still so much to see and do in and around this fun Hill Country town where the Comal and Guadalupe River converge, just minutes from either San Antonio and Austin! It’s the perfectly central place to stay, and they have so many great options, from treehouses and waterfront cottages to historic buildings in Downtown, no matter what your family size or function!
1. The Resort at Schlitterbahn 305 W. Austin Open year round, Schlitterbahn is always one of our favorite places to stay in New Braunfels! When the waterpark is open, you can get tickets to the park for both days, early and late guest-only hours and fun resort activities, too! The off-season offers great deals on stays, plus pools and resort activities! It’s a win-win no matter when you stay!
2. River Road Treehouses 12660 River Road Your kids will never want to leave these cute “treehouses” across from the river! It’s a great location for just hanging out, or for a weekend on the river! Owned by the Son’s Island Group, check their website for possible deals when booking both!
3. Courtyard by Marriott New Braunfels River Village 750 I-35 N We had to make very last minute reservations here when our son’s roommate’s cat had fleas all over the apartment, (ugh!) and the Marriott was fantastic! Great rooms, a large grassy area and right on the Guadalupe River with paddleboard and kayak rentals (currently closed to Covid-19) or you can bring your own tube to float the river!
4. Gruene River Hotel and Retreat 1235 Gruene Rd. If you’re looking for a more adult experience, the Gruene River Hotel is right on the Guadalupe River with river access, and only for guest 21 and up! It’s located in Historic Gruene District, and in walking distance to all the shops, restaurants and Gruene Hall.
5. Gruene Cottages 1950 Hunter Rd. A heated swimming pool makes for a year of fun, even when it’s too cold to swim in the river (honestly, is it ever too cold?)! In these cute cottages, you’ll feel like you just stepped into a magazine, and there is plenty of room to play on the grounds, with just a short walk to restaurants, shops and more in Historic Gruene!
6. Comal River Cottages, 405 E. Zink St. The chilly Comal River is calling you for these fun cabins with river access!
7. Gypsy River Resort 8690 River Road My bohemian heart just loves these cute cabins located on River Road with river access to the Guadalupe River!
8. Faust Hotel and Brewpub 240 South Seguin I just love historic hotels, and the Faust Hotel was built in the late 1920’s in the popular art deco design of the time. The recently restored and renovated rooms are filled with 1920’s period furnishings and antiques, but updated with soft bedding and flat screen tvs!
9. Southern Comfort on the River, 7252 River Road If you’re looking for a big house for a family reunion or several families coming together, you must check out the Southern Comfort on the Guadalupe! It sleeps up to 16 people, and is right on River Road!
10. Prince Solms Inn, 295 E. San Antonio St., Completed in 1890, this historic hotel in Downtown has been completely renovated and is a lovely place for a weekend getaway, regardless of the season!
Keep Having Fun in the Texas Sun!
Having Fun in the TEXAS Sun is on PINTEREST! Use it as a quick resource to find activities in different Texas towns! Click HERE!
© Having Fun in the Texas Sun, 2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Having Fun in the Texas Sun with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Please click HERE to read our disclaimer.
I will occasionally post some of my favorite Amazon items with links to purchase. As an Amazon affiliate, I do receive a small, very small, commission should you choose to purchase using my link. If you do, thank you for supporting my small business.