While tons of tourist flock to Galveston Island to just sit back and soak in the sun, there’s a ton of exciting entertainment just waiting for you on the island! From Deep Sea Diving to drifting on a go cart, the fun never stops! Check out these 18 exciting attractions and take your island vacation to the next level!
1.Artist Boat A deceptive sounding name, but you can board a kayak for a paddle out into Galveston Bay, crossing open water and into narrow channels, past sunning alligators and often small pods of bottleneck dolphins. As if that’s not enough, along the way you stop to take a break and paint! Children 7+.
2. Baywatch Dolphin Tours Head out into Galveston Bay in an open air boat to meet and greet some of the friendly dolphins that call it home!
3. Celebrity Jet Ski Tours and Rentals Enjoy crashing through the waves on a jet-ski! Rentals are available by the hour and set up on the beach!
4. C-Sick Surfing Lessons will get you out on the water and up surfing with a private or semi-private lesson!
5. Galveston Duck Tours Nothing but fun, you’ll board an amphibious vehicle for a history-driven drive through Downtown Galveston before heading over to, and into, Galveston Bay for an informative tour around the bay! Your kids will love the splash!
6. Galveston Go Carts and Fun Center Drift around corners, go axe throwing or check out the virtual games at this fun Galveston destination!
7. Galveston Fishing Pier If you don’t think fishing is exciting, walk down to the end of the pier and watch as the shark fishing! They can even “hook you up” to try it on your own, with rentals on everything you need!
8. Galveston Helicopters See Galveston Island and waterfront from a helicopter! This is a tour you won’t forget! Starting as low as $35/person!
9. Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier Swing high above the Galveston surf on one of the thrilling rides on the Historic Pleasure Pier!
10. Galveston Party Boats Skip the bay trips and head out on an 8 or 12 hour deep sea fishing trip for an incredible adventure and see the Gulf of Mexico with completely new eyes! Want to kick it up a little, then try a 30-hour tuna safari!
11. Galveston Water Adventures Jet Boat Thrill Ride The entire family will enjoy the thrill and excitement of right angle turns, accelerated speeds, and “The Hamilton Spin”, a maneuver that spins the boat 360° on its axis throwing a head high wall of water into the air.
12. Galveston Ghost Tours Historic Galveston has seen her share of tragedy and loss, from the Great 1900 Hurricane to the Civil War! Learn about the ghost that are claimed to walk the streets of the Historic Strand and in their famous cemeteries!
13. Houston Kiteboarding Learn this fun and thrilling sport with private lessons!
14. Jungle Surf Rentals It may not take your breath away, but you’ll love a surrey ride along the Galveston Seawall!
15. Moody Gardens In addition to their Rainforest and Aquarium Pyramid, they also have a fun ropes course and zip lines!
16. Schlitterbahn Waterpark Spend the day delighting in the exciting water rides at this bigger than life waterpark!
17. Skydive Galveston If you’re going to jump out of a perfectly good plane, make it a view you want to keep your eyes open to enjoy!
18. Ultra Dive Texas Go Deep Sea Diving off the Texas Oil rigs to see amazing fish, turtles, rays and even occasionally whale sharks!
19. Galveston Slingshot Rentals I haven’t done this yet, but it’s top on my list for my next trip to Galveston! Who needs to rent a golf cart when you drive one of these!
Keep Having Fun in the Texas Sun!
Having Fun in the TEXAS Sun is on PINTEREST! Use it as a quick resource to find activities in different Texas towns! Click HERE!
© Having Fun in the Texas Sun, 2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Having Fun in the Texas Sun with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
I will occasionally post some of my favorite Amazon items with links to purchase. As an Amazon affiliate, I do receive a small, very small, commission should you choose to purchase using my link. If you do, thank you for supporting my small business.