It’s officially Summer and you’re ready for Vacation! If you’re looking for amazing pools and waterparks, golf courses or just time to relax, read a book and get a facial or massage, there’s something for you here in Texas! Here’s a round up of our very best resorts for families across the Lone Star State.
A quick disclaimer, what separates these from hotels, in my opinion anyway, because a few are listed as hotels but are clearly resorts and vice versa, is that they offer restaurants, pools/water features, activities, spas and enough to do that if you didn’t want to, you could stay on site your entire visit.
1. Gaylord Texan Resort, Grapevine While there’s so much waiting for you to do in Grapevine, you may never leave the grounds of this fun resort! From playing in the waterpark to endless activities inside for kids, including an amazing dance party in the evening, the hardest part of your vacation may be leaving!
2. Great Wolf Lodge Resort, Grapevine Kids will love the indoor/outdoor waterpark, ropes course and games inside the hotel! The hotel staff has activities planned throughout the day, also!
3. Horseshoe Bay Resort, Horseshoe Bay on Lake LBJ Golf, tennis, parrots, a Kid’s Club, all kinds of water sports and so much more await you at this great resort in the Texas Hill Country!
4. Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resorts and Spa, San Antonio A tree-lined lazy river meanders through the 5 acre waterpark at this resort in San Antonio, with golf, tennis, a spa and so much more!
5. Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort, Lost Pines The first thing you’ll notice is this is not your ordinary looking resort. Sitting on the shores of the Colorado River, it’s the perfect place to enjoy kayaking or just dipping your toes in the water. Play a game of golf, go horseback riding, cook smores in the fire pit, or just relax!
6. Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, San Antonio Guest can choose 1, 2, and 3 bedroom suites, some with kitchenettes, at this immaculate resort with one of my favorite Lazy Rivers, the Rattlesnake River, and indoor pool!
7. Isla Grand Beach Resort, South Padre Island This fantastic resort sits on the beach on South Padre Island, and is just a golf cart drive away from island activities.
8. J W Marriott Hill Country Resort and Spa, San Antonio This huge resort boast the 9-acre River Bluff Experience Water Park!
9. La Cantera, San Antonio Families will love the Kids Pool, which has cabanas to enjoy while the kids play! Located on the Northwest side of San Antonio, it’s close to Six Flags Fiesta Texas, and numerous hiking areas.
10. Marriott Marquis Houston The highlight of this Downtown Houston Hotel is their Texas-shaped rooftop lazy river !
11. Moody Gardens Hotel, Galveston Located next to the Moody Garden pyramids, this hotel boast a great pool, golf course, activities and restaurant. While not on the beach, it’s also close to Schlitterbahn Galveston.
12. Omni Barton Creek Resort and Spa, Austin Located on Austin’s East Side, and surrounded by the Barton Creek preserve, it’s easy to forget you’re in the 4th largest city in Texas. The resort offers pools and a golf course.
13. Port Royal, Port Aransas The beach-access resort boast the largest lagoon-style pool in the state, and each suite comes with a kitchenette.
14. San Luis Hotel, Galveston Experience Galveston Island from the Sea Wall at this resort, part of the Landry’s properties.
15. Schlitterbahn Resort, New Braunfels This Legendary Texas Waterpark offers a resort with guest privileges for before and after hours use, as well as activities in the evening!
16. Waves Resort, Corpus Christi This previous Schlitterbahn Resort will be closed due to Covid until Summer, 2021.
17. The Woodlands Resort, The Woodlands Float in the lazy river, play a round of golf or go for a bike ride on the numerous trails around this resort North of Houston!
Keep Having Fun in the Texas Sun!
Having Fun in the TEXAS Sun is on PINTEREST! Use it as a quick resource to find activities in different Texas towns! Click HERE!
© Having Fun in the Texas Sun, 2019. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Having Fun in the Texas Sun with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.