10 Things Not To Miss at the 38th Annual North Texas Irish Festival in Fair Park
March 6-8th, the beautiful art deco buildings in Dallas’s Fair Park will be the home of the 38th Annual North Texas Irish Festival! The second largest festival in Fair Park, there will be something for everyone, from traditional food, music and activities, as well as children’s activiites! Grab the family and head over for the most fun you can have with your kilt on!
1. The Culinary Shows Watch as local culinary experts share their secrets on this stage in the 1910 Women’s Museum! I’m most excited about seeing chef and chocolatier Yeli Marshall, who runs Yellibelly Chocolates, at noon on Saturday! Don’t miss a visit to Durty Nelly’s bar in the museum, named after the famous bar in Ireland! If a visit to Ireland isn’t in your future, you can also head down to San Antonio to Dirty Nelly’s to see a replica of the Irish bar in the San Antonio Riverwalk! Also, don’t miss the statue outside the museum, The Spirit of the Centennial, which depicts a women rising from a cactus!
4. The Whiskey Tasting Join in for tastings of international as well as local, Texas-made Irish Whisky! Saturday from 2pm to 6pm, and Sunday from 1pm to 4pm, located inside the Automotive Building. Teelings will have an exclusive tasting, on Saturday from 7pm – 9pm in the Automotive Building. Cost is 2 coupons per 1/2 ounce sample
6. Kid’s Rides While the iconic Texas Star Ferris Wheel, the largest in the U.S., won’t be open for the festival, there will be fun kid’s rides!
7. Irish Music Sessions Learn more about the Irish culture as you respectfully watch and listen to these casual sessions!
8. Scottish Village You can meet the Scottish clans and learn more about their culture while you make new friends! Located in the Automotive building!
9. Urchin Street A stage for children’s performers, as well as activities such as arts and crafts, face painting, a petting zoo and much more for the festivals wee-est visitors!
10. The Food! From Shepherd’s Pie and Irish Stew to corned beef sandwiches, you’ll leave happy after a day at the festival!
Know Before You Go
While in Fair Park, don’t miss a visit to the Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park and the Texas Discovery Gardens, as well as feeding the fish in Leonhardt Lagoon!
Well-behaved, leashed dogs are welcome and even encouraged! Remember to bring bags to clean up after them!
North Texas Irish Festival
Fair Park, Dallas
Click HERE to visit their website.
Keep Having Fun in the Texas Sun!
Having Fun in the TEXAS Sun is on PINTEREST! Use it as a quick resource to find activities in different Texas towns! Click HERE!
© Having Fun in the Texas Sun, 2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Having Fun in the Texas Sun with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.