Grab your jacket before you head out the door, because there is so much to do this month in Fort Worth, and the cooler temperatures are calling! One of the nicest months in Fort Worth, November ushers in the Holiday Season with fantastic events all month long! In addition to Fall hikes at Eagle Mountain Park or a Girl’s Day Out at the Shops of Clearfork, here’s some of our family favorites to do this month!
1. Panther Island Ice Skating, November 22nd – January 20th Get ready to lace on some skates and spend a holiday evening skating under the stars at Panther Island Ice! Visit just to skate, or bring a blanket and stay to watch a movie at the Coyote Drive In Theater!
2. Sundance Square Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony, November 23rd starting at 6pm Kick off the Holiday Season with this amazing Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony! Grab an early dinner at Taco Diner or Little Red Wasp before the ceremony, grab the most amazing hot chocolate at Schakolad Chocolates, and be sure to arrive early enough to do a little pre-Christmas Shopping at the Houston Street Toy Store! Skip the traffic and take the Trinity River Express Train to the Fort Worth T & P Station
3. The Japanese Fall Festival at the Fort Worth Botanic Gardens, November 23 & 24th Experience the beauty of the Fort Worth Botanic Garden’s Japanese Garden in this 2-day festival with children’s activities, tours and more! After the festival, grab a bite to eat in Fort Worth’s nearby Crockett Row. We love Rodeo Goat, the selection at the Food Hall or the big outdoor patio at American Gardens!
4. The 2019 GM Financial Parade of Lights, November 24th at 6pm You’ll want to arrive early for this incredible parade in Downtown Fort Worth!
5. Jack Frost at Casa Manana running November 22nd – December 23rd Watch as mischievous Jack and friends try to save Christmas! Afterwards, there is a Meet and Greet (pictures) with Santa, who narrates the show!
6. The Polar Express Imax® Experience in the Fort Worth Museum Domed Omni Theater, November 23 – December 23. Watch as the Polar Express departs for the North Pole in this family classic, shown on the big domed screen! Disclaimer, the Pajama Parties, with activities in addition to the movie, begin in December, but sell out quickly!
7. Bison Feeding Hayrides at the Fort Worth Nature Center, November 26 – 27th Load up in a hayride to head out and visit Fort Worth’s own bison herd at the Fort Worth Nature Center! Bring your hiking boots for a fun hike around Greer Island or to the Prairie Dog Town afterwards! Register early as this event sells out quickly!
8. Cowboy Santa’s Arrival in the Stockyards Station on Friday, November 29th The Stockyards go all out to welcome Santa, with activities, photos and storytimes with Mrs. Claus!
9. Gift of Lights at Texas Motor Speedway, November 29 – December 30th Enjoy this family-friendly drive through Christmas light display at Texas Motor Speedway, with a fun stop at the end for photo ops, ice skating and even a chance to see the Man in the Big Red Suit himself!
10. The Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra Home for the Holidays at Bass Performance Hall November 29th – December 1st! Usher in the holidays with songs you know and love, and can sing along with, all led by Santa Claus himself!
Keep Having Fun in the Texas Sun!
Having Fun in the TEXAS Sun is on PINTEREST! Use it as a quick resource to find activities in different Texas towns! Click HERE!
© Having Fun in the Texas Sun, 2019. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Having Fun in the Texas Sun with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.