There are some things that are just more fun with friends, when THE MORE is definitely THE MERRIER! Here’s 10 of my favorite things to do with friends in Houston, inspired by National Girlfriends Day, but great for a Girl’s Day any day!
1. Miller Outdoor Theatre One of my favorite things to do in Houston, the Miller Outdoor Theatre offers great shows, movies and concerts in this open-air amphitheater in Hermann Park! There is ticketed seating in the covered areas, but free seating on the hill, and best of all, if you arrive early, you can usually find free parking in the area.
2. West Alabama Ice House Growing up in Houston, Ice Houses were a BIG thing, and while they’ve grown and morphed a lot since my younger days, they best are still in Houston. At the West Alabama Ice House, which is completely outdoors, you can get something to eat and drink, play some games and usually listen to some live music. Personally, that’s my favorite things to do with my friends!
4. Houston Axe Throwing I’m going to be honest, Axe throwing with friends is SO much more relaxing than axe throwing with the kids! I’ve had a great time both ways, but yeah, go with your friends! We took the class at Houston Axe Throwing, it’s just $5 more, and it made a huge difference in our “Axe-Throwing” game.
5. IPIC Houston Theater With 3 locations around Texas, in Austin, Houston and DFW, IPIC Theaters offer incredible luxury when watching a movie! Great seats, great food (and a huge keto menu) and drinks, and no sticky floors! It’s the perfect place to watch a movie with your friends!
6. Top Golf You and your friends don’t need to have ever been on a golf course to have fun at Top Golf! Anyone and everyone can have fun with great games, food, drinks and so much more! They provide everything you need, and you just supply the laughter!
7. Bowl and Barrel Bowling is that perfect activity for a group of friends, where you can have just as much fun, if not more, the worse you play! This fun, boutique bowling alley is nothing like the one you grew up playing at, and for me that was Armadilla Lanes, which is about as old school as you can get!
8. Rooftop Cinema Perfect for a cozy mingling of friends or a special date, this elegant movie venue offers an incredible experience with a much needed intermission in the movie! It’s worth the ticket price just for THIS!
9. Houston Hermann Park Ghost Tour While you can take your family on these not-too-scary tours which also tell the history of the park and of Houston, it’s also much more fun with friends.
10. Smither Park Like the Orange Show’s Beer Can House or The Art Car Museum, Smither Park would seem much more at home in Austin, but it’s the unexpected clash of culture and childish whim that makes it uniquely Houston! Admission is FREE, but don’t miss visiting neighboring The Orange Show, check website for days, hours and admission.
Keep Having Fun in the Texas Sun!
Having Fun in the TEXAS Sun is on PINTEREST! Use it as a quick resource to find activities in different Texas towns! Click HERE!
© Having Fun in the Texas Sun, 2019. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Having Fun in the Texas Sun with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.