10 Big, Brave and Bold Adventures in Burnet, Texas
If you’re looking for an adrenaline packed weekend, look no further than the Texas Hill Country town of Burnet! This town on Scenic Hwy 281 stretches West to Lake Buchanan, the largest of the Highland Lakes on the Colorado River, and offers many fun, heart-pumping activities and things to see and do!
1, Longhorn Caverns State Park Each of the tour caverns in Texas has something that makes it unique, and the history of Longhorn Caverns, which was used as a speakeasy, a hideout and even a bomb shelter, is reason enough to visit! The truly brave will skip the regular tour for a Wild Cave Tour, that involves dark passageways, crawling and just all around awesomeness!
2. Cliff Jumping at the Devil’s Watering Hole in Inks lake State Park Not for the mild, thrill-seekers can climb up to the top of the cliff, and then ascend up a boulder to a height of over 20′ above the lake below! The very popular state park also offers hiking on Devil’s Backbone and kayak and canoe rentals on the lake, as well as camping. You can also just lounge around in a tube, because sometimes the most daring thing we do is putting on a swimsuit!
3. Vanishing Texas River Cruise Whether you are searching out the waterfalls along the cliffs on Lake Buchanan, or one of the winter nesting bald eagles, there’s never a shortage of things to see on these fun cruises!
4. Canyon of the Eagles Resort This lakeside resort offers kayaking rentals and tours to the falls, hiking and Dark Sky Parties at their Eagle Eye Observatory!
5. Stay in the Tree House Yurt Imagine spending the weekend escaping all the noise and hustle-bustle while you lounge around in this incredible yurt built in a tree!
6. Bluebonnet Festival This annual homage to the bluebonnets that grow freely throughout Burnet each Spring may not be a risky adventures, but you’ll have a great time with family-friendly activities, live music, food and much more!
7. Fort Croghan Museum Take a step back in time to experience the adventure of pioneer life! This FREE museum offers hands-on activities, and will definitely make you appreciate the simple luxuries we take for granted today!
8. Reverend Jim’s Dam Pub There’s not much dangerous about this biker bar sitting below the Buchanan Lake Dam, but the seriously delicious cheeseburgers might be addictive!
9. Spider Mountain Bike Park This mountain bike park has a ski lift that takes riders up the mountain to ride back down, which is definitely exciting! For those of us more mild than wild, you can just ride up to the top to enjoy the view, then ride back down again! A lake front lodge also offers boat rentals and much more!
10. Reveille Peak Ranch Quarry Diving Certified divers can enjoy the ranch’s 100′ deep old granite quarry, which boast over 20′ of visibility!
Honorable Mention goes to Happy Scoops Ice Cream, because it’s just amazing, all made in-house, and the banana is just the very best! Be brave enough to order two scoops!
City of Burnet
Click HERE to visit their website.
Keep Having Fun in the Texas Sun!
Having Fun in the TEXAS Sun is on PINTEREST! Use it as a quick resource to find activities in different Texas towns! Click HERE!
© Having Fun in the Texas Sun, 2019. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Having Fun in the Texas Sun with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.