If you’re looking for an incredible Day Trip to Dallas, or even a fun vacation this Summer, there’s so much to do in Dallas with kids!
1. Cedar Ridge Preserve 7171 Mountain Creek Pkwy, Dallas One of the nicest hiking locations in all of the DFW Metroplex, Cedar Ridge Preserve offers incredible trails in a unique setting in a cedar and juniper forest! Several trails offer the option of easy walks to some fun climbs and descents. Closed Mondays. $3 donation/hiker requested.
2. Spark Children’s Museum, 1409 S Lamar St., Dallas * Currently closed due to Covid A museum built specifically for children in grades 2-12, there are places to climb, crawl, imagine and create! From hidden tunnels under the floor to incredible art projects such as wax hands, it’s really a unique place that is a must to visit! Open weekends and some holidays during the school year.
3. Rory Meyers Children’s Adventure Garden, 8525 Garland Rd., Dallas I can best describe this as an outdoor museum, although there are some amazing indoor spaces as well! From fun water features (which are great on a hot day) to extracting DNA from fruits to view in a microscope, there is something here for children of all ages!
4. Klyde Warren Park, 2012 Woodall Rodgers Frwy, Dallas This amazing FREE park is built above the freeway that separates Downtown and Uptown Dallas, and is always filled with fun activities, live music and great food trucks during the day! It’s just across the street from the Dallas Museum of Art, and a short walk from the Perot Museum!
5. Perot Museum, 2201 N. Field St., Dallas You and your children will be amazed at the 5 huge floors of things to see and do at this world-class Science Museum in Dallas! From dinosaurs to space, and so much more, there are incredible hands-on activities for everyone! There is even a Children’ Museum just for the youngest of guest!
6. Dallas World Aquarium, 1801 N. Griffin St., Dallas Walk inside a living rainforest, see penguins, manatees and stand under the massive aquarium to catch a glimpse of the incredible sea life at this private aquarium built in the old warehouses in Downtown Dallas!
7. Dallas Zoo, 650 South R L Thornton Frwy., Dallas Animals from around the world can be seen at this incredible Dallas Zoo! Their Wilds of Africa exhibit is one of the first to create a space where elephants, giraffes, zebras and other African wildlife can be viewed roaming together!
8. Reunion Tower Geo-Deck, 300 Reunion Blvd East, Dallas Get a 360 degree view of Dallas from 470 feet above the ground! There is also a casual cafe, or the more exclusive Cloud Nine revolving restaurant!
9. Dallas Fair Park 3809 Grand Ave., Dallas Home of the Texas State Fair, there is always something incredible to do at this park in South Dallas! The Childrens Aquarium of Fair Park and the Dallas Discovery Gardens are open year-round, and the park host fun events and festivals throughout the year!
10. Dallas Museum of Art 1717 N. Harwood St., Dallas This incredible, FREE museum has a constant list of activities for children of all ages!
11. Dallas Heritage Village 1515 S. Harwood, Dallas Step back in time in Downtown Dallas to see the old homes, cabins and working farm right in the heart of the city!
12. Dallas Farmers Market 920 S. Harwood St. Dallas For incredible fresh foods during the late Spring, Summer and Fall, to unique shopping and dining experiences year round, as well as fun activities for both children and adults, you can’t beat this amazing Farmers Market!
Keep Having Fun in the Texas Sun!
Having Fun in the TEXAS Sun is on PINTEREST! Use it as a quick resource to find activities in different Texas towns! Click HERE!
© Having Fun in the Texas Sun, 2019. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Having Fun in the Texas Sun with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.