After a fun day toobing either the Comal or Guadalupe River in New Braunfels, there are still plenty of fun things to do in town!
1. Snake Farm and Animal Zoo From what started as a small roadside attraction, it’s now a huge attraction with daily shows, a great petting zoo, and unique animals including hyenas!
2. Natural Bridge Caverns and Wildlife Safari Located just outside of New Braunfels, the caverns at Natural Bridge are amazing, but there is much more to do such as zip lining, a ropes course, a Drive-Thru Wildlife Safari, a maze and gem-mining!
3. Schlitterbahn Waterpark and Resort Voted the World’s Best Waterpark, it’s not just another waterpark! You’ll need more than just one day to visit both parks, but it’s worth calling in sick!
4. Landa Park and the Historic Swimming Pool New Braunfels huge park is home to the historic spring-fed swimming pool on the Comal River, but you can also play a game of putt, take out the paddleboats, ride the miniature train, or just enjoy a picnic in the park.
5. Prince Solms Park and the City Tube Chute If you’re just wanting to play on teh river, check out the Tube Chute. Rent a tube or bring your own, you can do the tube chute over and over, or just float around in the river. Here’s a tip, park an Hinman Island Park, it’s usually less crowded.
6. Texas Ski Ranch The huge wakeboarding cable park also offers a snowboarding hill that is open all year, you can also tube down the hill! There is even a paintball field!
7. Gruene Historic District and the Gristmill Spend the afternoon shopping at the cute shops, enjoy a drink at Historic Gruene Hall, then dinner at the Gristmill overlooking the Guadalupe River!
8. Stars and Stripes Drive In Theater I just can’t think of a better way to end a day of toobing on the river than to watch a movie under the stars! This drive in theater also has a great concession stand and playground. Open 7 days a week year round!
9. Solms Bowling Club In the Texas Hill Country, the German 9-pin bowling alleys are still popular, and we just love it!
10. McKenna Children’s Museum This fun and imaginative children’s museum is a great place to seek a little shade after a morning on the river!
11. Dry Comal Creek Vineyards Enjoy the tasting room or bring a blanket for a relaxing picnic in the vineyard. Live music and food trucks on site most weekends.
12. Downtown Social Bowling, food, and games all come together at this neat location in Downtown New Braunfels!
13. New Braunfels Railroad Museum This FREE museum is fun for kids and adults alike, but it’s also sitting on one of the busiest North/South raillines in the country, with over 30 trains a day, many coming from Mexico or Canada, as well as the Amtrak Passenger Train, which does not stop in New Braunfels, so it’s a great place to just watch the trains.
14. Whitewater on the Horseshoe Outdoor Amphitheater Live music was meant to be played in a place like this! Whitewater also rents tubes, so you can make an entire day of it without ever moving your car!
15. Fischer Park Splash Pad Let the kids play in the FREE Splashpad at Fischer Park!
17. Bracken Bat Cave Take a tour of nearby Bracken Bat Cave, with not only the largest known population of bats in the world, but of any mammal! Natural Bridge Caverns also offers tours of Bracken Bat Cave.
Keep Having Fun in the Texas Sun!
Having Fun in the TEXAS Sun is on PINTEREST! Use it as a quick resource to find activities in different Texas towns! Click HERE!
© Having Fun in the Texas Sun, 2019. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Having Fun in the Texas Sun with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.