While we usually don’t let a little summer rain stop us from having a good time in Galveston, some days you just need to get out of the rain and luckily Galveston is full of great things to do inside, too! Check out 10 of our favorites!
1 Galveston Railroad Museum, 2602 Santa Fe Place, Galveston This historic train station and museum has great exhibits and tons of train cars to explore! Located on the Historic Strand, you can visit the fun shops and La King’s Confectionery for their amazing ice cream before or after your visit.
2. Bishop’s Palace, 1402 Broadway Avenue J, Galveston Tour one of our favorite of the Galveston Historic Homes, the Bishop’s Palace! Take a self-paced audio tour or a guided tour through the 1893 Victorian home.
3. Ocean Star Offshore Drilling Rig and Museum 2002 Wharf Road, Galveston Experience what it’s like to work and live on a Drilling Rig in the Gulf of Mexico! This hands-on museum lets you experience a real drilling rig, no boat ride necessary!
4. Rosenberg Library 2310 Sealy St., Galveston I just love this library, the oldest in Texas and the kids section is a fun respite on a rainy day!
5. The Bryan Museum 1315 21st Street, Galveston I once heard The Bryan Museum referred to as “A Better Museum then Galveston deserves.”, and while I was insulted at the time, I’ve grown to agree with it to the extent that with so much to do in Galveston, it often is overlooked. There is so much to see here, and rainy day are the perfect time to do it!
6. Nautical Antique Warehouse 2202 Ship Mechanics Row, Galveston I just love looking at all the unique and rare finds here!
7. Rainforest Adventure Ride at Rainforest Cafe 5310 Seawall Blvd., Galveston Grab lunch and watch the volcano erupt, then take a fun tour on the Rainforest Adventure Ride through the Amazon jungle on a boat! It’s really fun and our whole family loves it!
8. Pier 21 Theater 2100 Harborside Dr., Galveston Learn about the history of the island in one of 3 interesting films; The Great Storm, The Pirate Island of Jean Lafitte or Galveston: Gateway on the Gulf.
9. Pirates! Legends of the Gulf Coast 2313 Harborside Dr., Galveston Also located off the Historic Strand, this unique and interactive museum is full of great information on Jean Lafitte!
10. Moody Gardens One Hope Blvd., Galveston Tour the Aquarium, Rainforest Pyramid or Discovery Pyramid, watch a movie and so much more that you might find yourself wishing for rain!
Keep Having Fun in the Texas Sun!
Having Fun in the TEXAS Sun is on PINTEREST! Use it as a quick resource to find activities in different Texas towns! Click HERE!
© Having Fun in the Texas Sun, 2019. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Having Fun in the Texas Sun with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.