24 Fun Things to do in DFW this Spring
With a late Easter this year, we have plenty of time to enjoy all the Spring activities available around the Metroplex! Check out my list of 24 of our favorites and most anticipated Spring things to do, then grab a picnic basket and get out and explore!
1. Dallas Blooms at the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Gardens, Dallas Spend a day exploring the amazing gardens alive with color this Spring during Dallas Blooms! Don’t forget your camera for memorable pictures of the kids! The Rory Meyers Children’s Adventure Garden can best be described as a huge outdoor museum! Pack a picnic for a relaxing lunch overlooking White Rock Lake, or head to The Lot nearby, which features a huge sandbox and play areas for the kids, as well as great food and fun for everyone! Click HERE to read more.
2. Epic Waters, Grand Prairie Enjoy this amazing INDOOR waterpark, with fun slides, boogie board, lazy river and SO much more! Head over on Tiny Tots Time, Twilight Prices and so much more! Click HERE to read more.
3. Country Critters, Alvarado Check out all the fun down on the farm at Country Critters! Spring Time on the Farm begins March 9th, with petting zoo, tractor rides, bunny photo ops and much more! Click HERE to read more.
4. Bunnypalooza at Yesterland Farm, Canton Yesterland Farm’s Spring activities begin on March 28th, and continue on weekends until the Saturday before Easter, with fun for the entire family! A huge farm, there are so many great rides and activities for the entire family! Click HERE to read more.
5. Peppa Pig World of Play, Grapevine Explore the NEW Peppa Pig at Grapevine Mills Mall! Make a day of it with a visit to Sea Life Aquarium, Legoland and Rainforest Cafe! Click HERE to visit their website.
6. Texas Bluebonnet Trails, Ennis See the wildflowers along the back roads around Ennis, and don’t miss the Ennis Bluebonnet Festival on April 17-19th. Click HERE to read more.
7. John Bunker Sands Wetlands Center, Seagoville Visit this unique, man-made wetlands center to see a variety of animals during a guided hike, including the nesting Bald Eagles with their young eaglets. Eagles will leave in early Spring to spend the summer in the North. Click HERE to read more.
8. Fort Worth Nature Center, Fort Worth Great hiking trails are waiting at the Fort Worth Nature Center, including a hike by one of the few remaining Prairie Dog Towns in Tarrant County! Canoe on Lake Worth, including moonlight paddles, or check out the fun bison feeding and other activities during Spring Break! Click HERE to read more.
9. Storm Farms Pick Your Own Strawberries, Arlington Teach the kids where food really comes from as your enjoy a spring day berry picking! Click HERE to read more.
10. Lone Star Brahmas, North Richland Hills Your kids will love these fun minor league hockey games, and ice skating afterwards! Click HERE to read more!
11. Texas Tulips, Pilot Point Take the kids for a fun day in the beautiful fields of tulips! Cut some to take home with you! Make a day of it with a visit to Sharkorosa Wildlife Ranch, too! Click HERE to visit the Texas Tulips website.
12. Oak Cliff Mardi Gras Parade, Dallas Bishop Arts District Your kids will LOVE this fun and eclectic parade in Bishop Arts! Dress up to stand out in the crowd, to get the most beads! Afterwards, take the kids to Hunky’s Soda Shop for a burger and shake! Click HERE to read more!
13. UTA Planetarium, Arlington This great college-campus planetarium shows terrific shows on weekends and daily during Spring Break! Your kids will LOVE Spacepark 360, and never even realize they are learning! Click HERE to read more.
14. Fort Worth Lantern Festival at Panther Island Pavilion, Fort Worth On April 4th, join in to watch as the Trinity River comes alive with paper and rice lit lanterns! Click HERE to visit their website.
15. Dark Hour St. Patrick’s Day Slay Haunted House, Plano Not the weak, this Leprechaun-themed haunted house runs from March 13-14. For teens and above. Click HERE to visit their website.
16. Dallas Farmers Market, Dallas Always a fun visit, the Farmer’s Market offers unique and one of a kind shops, restaurants and activities, plus locally grown produce on weekends! Click HERE to read more.
17. Easter Eggstravaganza at the Airhogs Stadium, Grand Prairie On April 11th join in on the huge Easter Egg hunt at the Airhogs Stadium! Click HERE to visit their website.
18. Fort Worth Main Street Arts Festival, Fort Worth April 16-19th the streets of Downtown Fort Worth around Sundance Square will be filled with laughter and music! There are great activities and events for the entire family! Click HERE to visit their website.
19. Pickle Palooza and Parade, Mansfield On March 13-14, wear your green and enjoy the Pickle Queens and Parade, plus family fun activities in Downtown Mansfield! Click HERE to visit their website.
20. Tents and Tales Campout at River Legacy Park, Arlington Enjoy family camping at the park in this family-friendly event, with tons of activities! Pre-registration is required. Click HERE to read more.
21. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe at the Dallas Children’s Theater Center Kids will be swept away into the magical land in this fun performance in May! Click HERE for more information.
22. Scarborough Renaissance Festival, Waxahachie Take a trip back in time at this annual festival, with so many fun activities for the entire family that you may wear your kilt to work! Click HERE to read more.
23. Festival of Joy, Crow Museum of Asian Arts, Dallas The 3rd annual Festival of Joy will begin with a parade through the Arts District ending at Klyde Warren Park with activities for family! Click HERE to visit their website.
24. Butterflies in the Garden, Fort Worth Botanic Gardens Running from February 29 – April 12, see amazing butterflies in the newly reopened conservatory! Click HERE to visit their website.
Keep Having Fun in the Texas Sun!
Having Fun in the TEXAS Sun is on PINTEREST! Use it as a quick resource to find activities in different Texas towns! Click HERE!
© Having Fun in the Texas Sun, 2019. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Having Fun in the Texas Sun with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.