While Waco seems to get most of the attention for great shopping venues, the Metroplex has a wonderful selection of unique boutiques, warehouses and antiques! If you’re making a day of your trip, and I suggest you do, I included some nearby places to grab lunch or a drink, too!
1.Camp Bowie in Fort Worth This historic street in Fort Worth boast some of our favorite shops, like Beehive and the Historic Camp Bowie Mercantile. Spend the day shopping and then grab lunch at the original Kincaids, Uncle Julio’s or Lucille’s!
2. Sundance Square We plan a couple of all-day events in Sundance Square each year. During Christmas, with Santa watching in the Square, we head over to Earth Bones, the Dallas Cowboys Pro Shop and Houston Street Toy Company. A favorite back-to-school destination, we love the H&M. While Santa reins over Sundance Square at Christmas, summer days are spent playing in the water feature in the square! Great restaurants are all around, including Bird Cafe and Funkytown Donuts and Drafts!
3. Highland Park Village, 47 Highland Park Village, Dallas If you’re looking for upscale shopping, then look no further. Shop or just window shop these great stores, grab lunch at Perfect Union Pizza Company and watch a movie at the amazing Village Theater!
4. Bluebonnet Circle, Fort Worth This famous roundabout now offers more restaurant options than shops, but we still love peeking in Junker Val’s Antiques and Vintage Clothing and THREE on our way to lunch at The Purple Frog, Greenwood’s or Fred’s!
5. Gracie Lane Collection, 4720 S. Cooper, Arlington My go-to shop for cute t-shirts is just one of the reasons to visit this assortment of vendors. Afterwards, head down to El Ranchito for a terrific Tex Mex lunch!
6. Henderson/Knox Area, Dallas Favor the Kind and Vintage Martini on Henderson and Froggie’s 5 and 10 on Knox are 3 consistent favorites! Grab lunch at Roti Grill for a fun change!
7. Bishop Arts District, Dallas Plan to spend hours exploring this fun and unique section of Dallas’ Oak Cliff neighborhood! You’ll find great shops, restaurants and be selfie ready for all the fun murals!
8. DFW Mantinques, Dallas Also located in Bishop Arts, but about the only shopping trip I can get my husband to make with me is a visit to Mantiques and then drinks at nearby Ten Bells Tavern.
9. West Village, Uptown Dallas Fun shops, services and great restaurants anchored by the Magnolia Theater featuring indie movies!
10. Inwood Village, Dallas Visit on a pretty day to park the car and take in the neighborhood’s fun vibe! Rich Hippie is a must on your visit! It’s also anchored by another Landmark Theater, the Inwood.
11. The Stockyards, Fort Worth You’ll find amazing boutiques, home furnishing and decor and so much more!
12. Deep Ellum, Dallas Visit Flea Style for great boutique finds, or Jade and Clover’s fun floral shop!
13. The Vintage Freak, Bedford From classic vinyl albums to that Peanuts Lunchbox you lost in 2nd grade, you can find it all at this cool store in Bedford.
14. Montgomery Street Antiques Mall, Fort Worth A collection of shops conveniently located in the Museum District of Fort Worth.
15. The Historic Camp Bowie Mercantile, Fort Worth Spend the morning browsing this cute collection of shops on the Historic Camp Bowie Traffic Circle, then grab lunch at their Rose Garden Tea Room.
16. Dallas Farmers Market The place to be on Summer Weekends to fill up on locally grown produce, the Market is full of amazing restaurants and shops featuring one of a kind items, open 7 days a week year round!
17. Wild Bills Western Wear, Dallas West End If you only have time to visit one place before the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo, it needs to be Wild Bills, which is the Best Store Ever! See why it’s been in business over 50 years!
18. Guns and Roses, Downtown Dallas Fun and affordable boutique in Downtown. Spend the morning at Neiman Marcus, then head down the street to Guns and Roses!
19. Lula B’s Oak Cliff Antique Shop, 1982 Fort Worth Ave., Dallas Great shop for hard to find items and things you didn’t even know you were looking for!
21. Discount Home Warehouse, 1768 Empire Central, Dallas Reclaimed doors, windows and much, much more!
22. Old Home Supply, 1801 College Ave, Fort Worth Looking for the perfect claw-foot bath tub, or old reclaimed fixtures? This is it! Afterwards, head up two blocks to Magnolia to Brewed! I absolutely love their amazing Pulled Pork hash!
Keep Having Fun in the Texas Sun!
Having Fun in the TEXAS Sun is on PINTEREST! Use it as a quick resource to find activities in different Texas towns! Click HERE!
© Having Fun in the Texas Sun, 2019. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Having Fun in the Texas Sun with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.