Arlington, as the 7th largest city in Texas, draws a lot of visitors from both Dallas and Fort Worth, and around the state, and has great entertainment venues, restaurants, and so much more!
Things to do in Arlington
2. Six Flags Over Texas will thrill and delight you with great amusement park rides!
3. Six Flags Hurricane Harbor is the place to stay cool during the summer! Click HERE for more.
4. The Texas Rangers at the new Globe Life Field are always winners when it comes to something fun to do in Arlington!
5. The Levitt Pavilion brings live music to Arlington, most of which is free, and is the centerpiece of annual events such as the Holiday Lights and 4th of July Parade and fireworks show! Click HERE to read more. River Legacy Living Science Center is open 7 days a week, and has a terrific interpretive center with live animals. Click HERE to read more about it.
6. River Legacy Park offers walking and mountain bike trails, a paddling trail along the Trinity River, playground with grills and much more! Click HERE to read more! The park offers many annual activities, including Tents & Tales campout, click HERE for more information.
7. Crystal Canyon Natural Area has a 1/2 mile trail which highlights the area’s geology, but there’s also a great tale of hidden treasure here. To read more, click HERE.
8. Southwest Nature Preserve offers more a more strenuous 1 mile loop with steep terrain, plus 3 fishing ponds and picnic tables. Click HERE to read more.
9. The Golf Center of Arlington has two 18-hole miniature golf courses and a driving range with tracking.
10. Red Kane Park has a fun playground, fishing pond, and walking trails. Click HERE to read more. Early each summer we love walking the trail in search of the peacocks that live in the area. Click HERE to read more.
11. The YMCA Exercise trail is a 3/4 of a mile soft trail that is open to the public. Click HERE to read more.
12. Veterans Park Disc Golf Course is a good and busy course in Arlington, with wonderful terrain and elevation drops you wouldn’t expect to find on a N. Texas course. Click HERE to read more.
13. The Fish Creek Linear Trail is a 7 mile long hard-surface hike and bike trail that goes into Grand Prairie. Click HERE to read more.
14. The Cody Rocamontes Skatepark is a FREE skatepark in North Arlington. Click HERE for more information.
15. The Arlington Animal Shelter offers tours, animal adoptions, classes and much more. Click HERE for more information. Arlington’s Dog Park, Tails and Trails, is just behind the shelter.
16. UTA Planetarium runs great shows on their domed screen, including Texas Sky, laser shows and our favorite, Spacepark 360. For more information click HERE.
17. Round One Bowling and Arcade is the Parks Mall makes striking out fun! Click HERE to read more.
18. Alley Cats Family Entertainment offers bowling, putt-putt, rock-climbing, laser tag, batting cages and lots of games. Click HERE for more information.
19. Dyno-Rock is a great place for indoor rock climbing, and the helpful staff with assist getting you started! Click HERE to read more.
20. The Elzie Odom Athletic Center also has a rock climbing wall, along with basketball court and more. Click HERE for more. The Hugh Smith Recreation Center has an indoor pool, which is open to the public on Friday nights. Click HERE to read more.
21. Howard Moore Play Pool is a splash pool for younger children. For more information, click HERE.
22. Adventures Unlimited offers kayak and SUP paddleboard rentals on Lake Arlington. The Village Creek Paddling Trail and Lake Arlington Paddling Trail are great places to kayak or canoe, and Village Creek can be challenging when water is released from the pumping station.
23. Creative Hands is a fun place to take the kids to pick out ceramic or plaster pieces to paint, with many nice items for keepsakes. Click HERE for more information.
24. Christmas Lights of Interlochen is an Arlington Tradition at Christmas, with police directing traffic in this very popular neighborhood filled with twinkling lights! Click HERE for more.
25. Campo Verde and the Kulesz Light Display are another Christmas tradition in Arlington! Click HERE to read more.